Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer not able to get product using GC

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    So then, what is the problem now?

When I do the following on my site, I get the downloads immediately. What's different with yours?
    1. Add item to cart.
    2. Login
    3. Begin checkout
    4. Payment page allows me to enter coupon code, and choose PayPal
    5. On the Checkout_confirmation screen I click the confirm button
    6. It takes me to Paypal, where I login and choose my payment details.
    7. It returns me to the store, with a Thanks for Shopping message, with links to my downloads.
    8. In the admin on the list of orders, I see "paypalwpp" in the payment column and "Processing" next to my customer name in the order status column.

What's different about yours? And how is it different?
    When I do the following
    1. Add item to cart.
    2. Login
    3. Begin checkout
    4. Payment page allows me to enter coupon code, and choose PayPal
    (when redemption code is emailed and Zen cart creates the code it will not accept the code.
    If I create a discount coupon and generate code myself it does not apply the full amount of the coupon to the purchase thus
    5. taking me to Paypal, where I login and choose my payment details charges me for the portion that was not applied by the coupon because their isn't the box that asks you to enter the value amount of the coupon you want to apply
    6. It returns me to the store, with a Thanks for Shopping message and a message NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed
    8. In the admin on the list of orders, I see "paypalwpp" in the payment column and "Pending" next to my customer name in the order status column. EVEN though my settings are set to PROCESSING

Like I said, I give up. But thank you for everything.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Customer not able to get product using GC

Quote Originally Posted by Faith516 View Post
    ... charges me for the portion that was not applied by the coupon because their isn't the box that asks you to enter the value amount of the coupon you want to apply
    There is never any opportunity to choose "how much" of a *coupon* you want to apply. It's either applied or it's not.

A gift certificate, however, is like cash, and you can choose how much to use during a particular transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith516 View Post
    8. In the admin on the list of orders, I see "paypalwpp" in the payment column and "Pending" next to my customer name in the order status column.
    Okay ... here's something important that I kept forgetting to ask earlier (and actually got out of bed to come ask this):
    - when you're looking at that order that says pending, click on it so that it opens the details.
    - now, in the lower left corner it talks about Order Status History, and has a number of status updates with comments.
    - Post all those comments here. There are likely some clues in there as to why the order is being left in Pending status.

ie: if you're paying by echeck then the order will be pending until the echeck clears
    or, if you're paying to a paypal account that's not ready for receiving payments, they will be left pending
    or, if the transaction is in a currency not configured in your paypal account and you've asked paypal to let you review each transaction before activating it, then it'll be left pending.

But, without seeing those details, it's hard to tell you why it's doing something different than it normally does.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456