Plugin Contributions

Default HTML code in Product Description

Have been adding in products to the cart and in some cases going back in to alter the text of the product description via (Product in category). Up to now the description was always PLAIN TEXT as entered by me.

Tonight now for some reason when I go to do this the Text for ALL PRODUCTS has some HTML coding embedded in it. I think I have by mistake turned this option on to show this. What did I do wrong and how do I get it turned off not to show this ?

What's the easiest way to do back ups ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTML code in Product Description

Hmm... if you entered plain text, there would be no HTML code whatsoever in/under it. Did you mean that you entered text as you want to see it (WYSIWYG)? Then there would be something to toggle. Do you have an HTML editor installed or active for text entry? What does the text with tags in it look like (post an example)?

Plugin Contributions

Here is what I mean. I never used any of the coding or any < > in my description.

<center><b><font color="#009933" size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Black & White Landscape of Clifden Bay in Ireland</font></b></center><p><font size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Here you will find a Fine Art Black and White Landscape of Clifden Bay in County Galway by Photographer Neil McShane, L.I.P.P.A. Neil uses high-end digital cameras to capture the images and then converts them to black & white. </font></p><p><font size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">During this conversion process the image is transformed into the prints he had visualised before releasing the camera shutter. The end result is a very sharp image but note the images on this website are a low resolution copy of the fully proofed prints. </font></p><p><font size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Their appearance of the images on your computer screen may not show the full detail of the prints. The landscapes are professionally mounted and are <b>20" x 16"</b> with an actual print size of <b>14" x 10"</b>. </font></p><p><font size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Each look equally impressive in home, study and office environments. They make excellent gifts especially for the person who "has everything". </font></p><p><font size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"> <strong>All prices include worldwide shipping</strong>.</font></p><p><font size="2" face="arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Made in Ireland.</font></p>

Plugin Contributions

You entered your text in an HTML editor, which has since been toggled off to reveal the code the editor added to make it format as you instructed. There will be a small selection field in the product editing page to toggle the editor on or off. Failing that, you can set the default in admin > Configuration > My Store > HTML Editor.

Plugin Contributions

There is an option HTMLArea or Plain Text. Changing it to the latter doesn't make any difference.

Plugin Contributions

OK... "plain text" means displaying without the aid of HTML rendering (which will show any HTML code embedded in it). What you want is not really plain text, but the HTML editor version which shows all the text formatted for final display.