Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Ez pages and toc

Hello, I recently watched a video on youtube explaining how to use the TOC and chapter settings. I understood everything and have been doing it correctly since the table is created. My 2 questions regard the style and internal links. I have posted the link to the video below so you can see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hllTXz-c_r0

1) In the video her table of contents is in a small box to the side and the pages show up in the same page when you click the links. Is this a format you have to create through html with tables or is this edited in css ?

2) We can make ez pages link to an internal link for instance the "contact us" in the header when we click it to link to index.php?main_page=contact_us ... but say for instance i want to get rid of the contact us from the header and just put it into a (TOC) in say the "FAQ" page instead... which is what I'm trying to do ... i want to basically have shipping, privacy etc, all in a table of contents under the "FAQ" page... but it seems that when i give those pages an internal link to point to at they disappear from the table of contents menu ?

thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ez pages and toc

1). In the stylesheet. Search it for TOC.

2.) Did you give each page the same TOC setting, and a different chapter number? ie: TOC 10 - Chapter 10; TOC 10 - Chapter 20, etc.
    [FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Arial]Country Kitty Crafts[/FONT][FONT=Arial]
    [/FONT] [FONT=Garamond]
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

say for instance i want to get rid of the contact us from the header and just put it into a (TOC) in say the "FAQ" page instead... which is what I'm trying to do ... i want to basically have shipping, privacy etc, all in a table of contents under the "FAQ" page...

This is one of the features of EZ-Page Improved TOC.

Plugin Contributions

Hi TShooters and gjh42 .. thnx for the reply ...

in my ez pages i have:

FAQ - CHAPTER: 10 TOC: 10
    PRIVACY NOTICE - CHAPTER 10 TOC:20
    CONTACT US - CHAPTER: 10 TOC: 30

In the table of contents "faq" and "privacy notice" show but i don't have them linked in anyway ... but "contact us" i have internal link to the contact us page and doesn't show ... if i rid the internal link it shows .. i will try the add- ons and see if that helps me out first ... and for the css part i found the TOC area and shifted it to float right ,,, but now the heading "table of contents" is larger than the box itself ... do i look for that aswell in css the same way? thnx so much TShooters and gjh42 ...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you need the Improved TOC mod to get internal links to show in the TOC. They are intentionally disabled in the stock version, I believe to safeguard people from trying to use a prev/next page function which would fail if it hit an internal link instead of another real ez-page. The mod removes that safeguard, so you need to be aware and use the ez-page functions carefully.

Plugin Contributions

Hello TShooters and gjh42 Thanks for the repies again ...

I haven't been back cause I tried out the add-ons ... i got it to work ! ... it does what i'm looking for just need to work on the css to place it properly ... the only thing now is that i actually like the sidebox add-on :) ... it makes sense to just have the TOC gone and use a sidebox while on that page only ... but lol .. now the same problem occurs with the external links like before. If I disable the sidebox add-on and just use Improved TOC add-on ... external links work great ... but i have to remove external links if i want to even see the links show up in sidebox TOC ,,, it disappears from the box. Have you guys tried this out ? maybe I need to tweak my settings ? tried different on and off tweaks in layout boxes controller, e-z pages settings, and e-z pages ... or maybe there's an add-on for this too ? Thank You ...

Plugin Contributions

It would require transplanting the code from the Improvrd TOC mod to the sidebox mod - the existing sidebox will not display internal or external links ever.

Plugin Contributions

/includes/modules/sideboxes/ez_pages_toc.php has this SQL query which excludes internal and external links:
    PHP Code:
    $pages_order_toc_query "SELECT *
                          FROM " 
    TABLE_EZPAGES "
                          WHERE ((status_toc = 1 and toc_sort_order <> 0) and toc_chapter= :chapterID )
                          AND alt_url_external = '' and alt_url = ''
                          ORDER BY toc_sort_order, pages_title"

Delete the
    AND alt_url_external = '' and alt_url = ''
    line and it should fetch all relevant pages.

Plugin Contributions

gjh42 ... thnx so much ... i will try it out right now ,,, didn't see this post till now .. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast