Plugin Contributions

Default Who's Online - maximum execution time exceeded?

New install - just uploaded to server, still under development

ZC 1.3.8.a
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.18-164.10.1.el5xen
    PHP Version: 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 32M
    Database: MySQL 5.0.89-community-log

I am getting
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/MY_ACCOUNT/public_html/MY_ADMIN/whos_online.php on line 410
    line 410 of whos_online.php:
    if ($session_data[$i] == '{') {
    Page eventually loads, showing green indicator next to my IP - should be red (normally indicates that cart is full - not the case when I'm testing).

This has been occurring since upload to server 3 days ago.

Anything else loads just fine and pronto. Added and configured some 100 products today without any delays or errors.

Running 2 other installs (1 x 1.3.7.1 and 1 x 1.3.8.a) on same host without a single problem.

Can't make any head or tail out of this. Is this a server or ZC issue?

Thanks / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Who's Online - maximum execution time exceeded?

Just saw DrByte's pointer to this post http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpost.php?p=507685

Confused me even more

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Have you tested 1.3.9-beta for the same thing?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Have you tested 1.3.9-beta for the same thing?
    No, DrByte, I haven't installed and tested 1.3.9BETA as yet (under time pressure to get this job finished )

Interesting indeed:

I put this line just before 409 in admin/whos_online.php (as per other post - can't find the post now ....)

settype($start_cart,"integer");
    reloaded and bingo: loaded in a flash with no error msg but still getting the green light (got nothing in the cart though)

Time to hit the deck ... tomorrow is another day to worry about this and maybe read some comments

As an aside: has this issue actually been looked at in 1.3.9BETA considering there are quite a few posts on the forums?

Frank

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There were changes in 1.3.9 to deal with that matter, hence my inquiry as to whether you've tested the new code to see whether the problem is resolved by it for *your* particular case.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

There were changes in 1.3.9 to deal with that matter, hence my inquiry as to whether you've tested the new code to see whether the problem is resolved by it for *your* particular case.
    New day, new challenges: just noted the thread (now under [Done v1.3.9]) at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88301

I'll pay special attention to this when I'm eventually getting to install and test 1.3.9beta.

Still getting the green 'Active cart' even when cart is empty. After placing something into cart, this remains (as it should) but no cart content shows on the right.

Plugin Contributions

First, check that you are storing your sessions to the database ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    First, check that you are storing your sessions to the database ...
    Thanks Linda - store sessions were configured as

/home/MY_ACCOUNT/public_html/cache
    (that's the setting I am using in my other 1.3.8.a install, works perfectly)

Removed that entry and checked configure.php files and both are reading
    define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'db');
    Theoretically sessions should store to DB, especially since the live configure.php files were created when I did the install on the live server. They were not overwritten when I transferred my local file system to the server.

Might have hardened PHP installed (suhosin), need to contact my host and see if that's the case. If so, might try to disable it in the php.ini file or get them to disable it.

If that's the only glitch in transferring files and database from the local machine to the life server then I should be happy.

Frank

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Go to Admin->Tools->Server Info ... and search that screen for "suhosin" to see if it's enabled or not.

Plugin Contributions

Go to Admin->Tools->Server Info ... and search that screen for "suhosin" to see if it's enabled or not.
    Thanks DrByte - Yep, it is enabled:

This server is protected with the Suhosin Extension 0.9.29

Copyright (c) 2006-2007 Hardened-PHP Project
    If the only negative effect of *suhosin enabled* is that the shopping cart cannot be seen in who's online then I won't be bothered contacting my host.

If, however, it should have an effect on operational matters then it needs to be fixed before we launch.