Plugin Contributions

help question Modern Zen [RI07] Template

Hi,

I am using the template, Modern Zen [RI07]. I have come across a slight problem when viewing the webpage on 2 different computers (both running latest version of IE). The headings i have across the top of the page (ladies, mens, clothing etc) http://www.samdana.co.uk the Help one moves from the right hand side and places itself under ladies but over the top of home(you can still see home under the word help). It all looks ok on the laptop i am using with screen settings on 1024 x 768 (15 inch screen). The problem computer is my desktop which is on screen settings 1400 x 900 (19 inch wide screen). i have read through some posts on here and tried a few things but nothing happens. One of the things i tried has been in this folder:

includes//templates/RI_TEMPLATE_07/css/stylesheet.css .

On around line 772

#contentMainWrapper{
    width: 940px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding: 0;

i changed the size of the page from 940px in increments all the way up to 1024px i have even put in 100% but nothing changes.
    Does anybody know how i can make the header bar viewable in all display settings.

I am also using the lastest edition of zencart (download 7 days ago)

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Modern Zen [RI07] Template

Looks fine here in 1280X1024 and 1440X900 in IE7 & 8 and in Firefox on both monitors. In IE6, though, your Flash background (though not the Flash itself) ends up in the upper left-hand corner.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks stevesh for the reply,
    i will look on the forum for IE6 compatibility but in the mean time do you have any advice for sort the problem,
    as for my original problem (the help button moving location) do you have any idea why that is happening?
    Thanks again for your help.

Plugin Contributions

I guess my point was that the problem you described isn't happening, at least not here.

Plugin Contributions

Well thanks for having a go for me i appreciate it,

I have done some testing of the browsers now on my computer and in firefox and chrome it looks fine but in IE 8 thats where the problem occurs with the word Help moving,
    i have also noticed that the header bar all my catogeries are sat on (ladies mens clothing etc) seems to have a smaller gap at the end where help should sit and the headings (ladies mens clothing etc) all seem to be in bold where as in firefox and chrome they are not in bold. could this be a setting on my browser causing this?
    Also what if a customer has the same setting is there something i can do to make the site compatable no matter what fonts or page layouts customers may have there browsers in.
    I am going to keep digging around this forum but if anyone has any input i would gratefully recieve it. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Ok i have now sorted the problem, on the IE 8 there is a tab named page near the Home button and tools etc in there i had text size set to Large it is now set to medium and is working fine.
    If a customer does choose to use larger text is there any way i can lock the header bar (infact the whole site) so nothing moves out of its correct location?

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I hope somebody can help me with this Modern Zen [RI07] Template. I've been the whole day fighting with it, trying to figure out what I did wrong, I search this forum over and over, I've been to the site of the developers template,... to no avail.

The thing is that the home page is not showing, I could add some EZ pages; from the admin I can edit the home page but it does not show. Can somebody tell me what I'm missing.

I really appreciate your reply.

Plugin Contributions

Maybe, with a link to the site.