Plugin Contributions

Default Changing password in phpMyAdmin ?

Hi everyone- I'm having a problem getting into admin after moving zen-cart to a new server. (0 DB_ERROR_NOT_CONNECTED error )
    I'm convinced my problem is that the password for the sql file is not correct for this server. When I look at my configure.php file in my admin/includes it shows the password in an encrypted format. There were a few threads that suggested going back into myphpadmin and changing the password but I see nothing in there about password. I'm assuming that somehow the password gets encryped because the password in my admin/configure.php is something I didn't make up. Can some pleeeease tell me how to
    1)change password
    2) find out what the encrypted text would be for it so I can copy it into my admin/configure.php file

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Changing password in phpMyAdmin ?

The database password and the zencart admin password are two completely different issues and are entirely unrelated.
    20 years a Zencart User

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you used some sort of one-click auto-installer provided by your hosting company, then *they* created that database password for you.
    No, it's not encrypted. It's just not using "words".

The mysql password in the configure.php file must be the same password actually assigned to the mysql user also specified there. If you need to create a new user/password, use your hosting company's control panel to do that, and then put the new user/password info into your 2 configure.php files.

Contact your hosting company if you need help using their tools to create database users.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=2... deals with admin password re-setting (probably not applicable in your case)
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the input guys. I've figured out a solution and just want other zenners to refer to this link it they have the same problem. My host is hostgator.com When you install zen-cart there is a password you enter for your sql data files. This password is encrypted. It inserts the encrypted password into the config.php files. I decided to:

1) rename my existing configure.php files,
    2) reinstall the zen-cart,
    3) copy the corrected password out of the new config.php files.
    4) bring back my old config.php files and input the password.
    5) my zen-cart came straight up.

Once again, if you copy over your config.php files from your old server, you will be using a password that worked fine on the old server but it may not work on the new one. Ajeh and everyone else keeps saying not to over-write the config.php files on a new install and this is yet another reason supporting it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

More detailed instructions for future reference: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=100

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.