Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Zone Rate Shipping with Price Per Item Shipping

I have had my website running on zen for about 3 years now and i have been using the zone shipping module. One zone is set to the US at a flat fee of $10 and the other zone includes multiple international destinations at a flat rate of $20.

My problem now is that i have just acquired a new vendor that will be dropshipping their products for me. The products will be in their own master category and i have been searching the forums to find a way to keep my domestic shipping at $10 and my international at $20, but increasing the shipping when one of these products are now added to the cart. The new vendor has 3 different shipping prices for the items that will go into this master category.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?????

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zone Rate Shipping with Price Per Item Shipping

You could customize the Zone Rate zones shipping module to test for how many Products are in the shopping cart ...

What do you want to do to the shipping charge based on the if:

1 Product at quantity 1 is in the cart?

1 Product at quantity 2 is in the cart?

2 Products at quantity 1 each?

2 Products at quantity 2 each?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

In a perfect world i would like the following.

All items that are in the cart now are in categories 1-8. (ProductA) this will produce the shipping rates that are set in the zone rates... $10 domestic and $20 International.

If a customer order an item from Category 9 (Product B) i would like it to increase the shipping cost by $30.

If a customer orders an item from Category 10 (product c) this would increase the shipping cost by $5.

So if the customer order from Category 8 and Category 10 the shipping cost should be $15 domestic and $25 international.

If this is not an option, i would like to be able to keep the zone rates and set a shipping fee for each individual product as they are entered. So i could set the $30 shipping fee for the new product that i enter in the cart.

I hope that makes sense Linda! Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

You can test how many products are in the cart from a category based on the master_categories_id with:
    Code:
    $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','10')
    where 10 is the categories_id you are testing for in the master_categories_id of the products table ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

But even if i knew that, where would the adjustment go for the shipping cost?

Im sorry you kinda lost me!

Plugin Contributions

You would edit the shipping module and calculate how many products are in each category that you want the extra charge for and add it to the cost ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Linda,

I appreciate your time and effort on this matter, but unfortunately i am not a programmer and was inquiring if there were any other ways around this shipping problem besides custom coding.

Is there a way to set a shipping rate for one product at a time while still using default zones?

Plugin Contributions

When you say Flat Rate ... do you literally mean Flat Rate so that whether I order 1 or 12 Products the shipping is $10.00 ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes, right now regardless of the number of products that the customer adds to the cart the shipping is $10 for domestic and $20 for international. Which I have set up using Zone rates.

I am going to be adding large items to the site that the distributor will be dropshipping and these are the items that will need to increase the shipping cost. There are 5 large items and each one of them costs an additional $30.00 to ship.

If a customer orders existing products from the site and adds 2 of the new products, their shipping cost would be the $10 plus $30x2. (domestic).

Plugin Contributions

You could count how many Products (quantity) are in the cart based on your categories_id based on the master_categories_id in the products table ...

Or, if you have something else that identifies these Products in the products table, such as manufacturers_id ...

I am assuming your Zone Rate zones is set up based on Item Count and you have set it with 1 value for the shipping costs ...

The cost in the zones.php shipping module can be adapted to have an additional charge added based on the test for the Products in the cart to calculate the extra charge ...

global $cart;
    $chk_cat_8 = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','8');
    $chk_cat_10 = $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('master_categories_id','10');
    $drop_ship_extra_charge = $chk_cat_8 + $chk_cat_10;

then ... you can use the $drop_ship_extra_charge and multiply that by what you need on the charge ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast