Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Known Bugs (and fixes) with v1.3.9b

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Known Bugs (and fixes) with v1.3.9b

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Known Bugs (and fixes) with v1.3.9d

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Known bug with v1.3.9g

A pain point with v1.3.9g has to do with some sanitization safeties added for security reasons.
    Unfortunately there are some unpleasant side-effects whereby HTML code is rendered to display instead of being saved as intended.

A workaround is posted here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165081

v1.3.9h will have a different approach which will make the whitelisting discussed in the above thread to be moot.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Known bug with v1.3.9h and OLD versions of PHP (lower than 5.2.3)

Symptoms:
    a) Using PHP version lower than 5.2.3 (and 5.2.3 is LESS THAN 5.2.13, for example. ie: 3 is less than 13)
    b) Zen Cart v1.3.9h
    c) On admin "home" page you notice that your list of customers shows only dates, not names.
    d) On admin product-edit screen you notice that the product name, description, and model number are empty when editing a product.
    e) Order details may show as blank in the orders/invoices/packinglist screens in the admin.

NOTE: If you're using such an old version of PHP, then your site is certainly not PCI-Compliant, and is thus likely to contain known security problems in PHP, and you should be upgrading your hosting to a newer version of PHP.

The following is ONLY a workaround for the symptoms mentioned above, and is NOT needed if you're using a current version of PHP.

Solution:
    Strictly speaking, this is only necessary if you're using a PHP version lower than PHP 5.2.3

1. /admin/includes/functions/general.php
    Line 39, change from:
    Code:
          return htmlspecialchars($string, ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, FALSE);
    to:
    Code:
          return htmlspecialchars($string, ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET);
    2. /admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php
    (and if you use the other product types too, then *those* collect_info.php files as well. See below for the list of filenames.)

Action: You have two choices:
    either:
    a) revert these files back to v1.3.9g versions (recommended, since it's simpler)
    or
    b) make similar edits in 3 lines in each file, removing the ", TRUE" in each of these sections of code:
    Approx line 299:
    Code:
                <td class="main"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE) : htmlspecialchars(zen_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)), zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, 'products_name')); ?></td>
    Approx line 412 (two spots on this line):
    Code:
              echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '30', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE) : htmlspecialchars(zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"');
    Approx line 433:
    Code:
                <td class="main"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_model', htmlspecialchars(stripslashes($pInfo->products_model), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE), zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS, 'products_model')); ?></td>
    (NOTE: Line-numbers will vary depending on which product-type file you're editing.)
    These are the additional product-type files which you may or may not be using:
    - /admin/includes/modules/document_general/collect_info.php
    - /admin/includes/modules/document_product/collect_info.php
    - /admin/includes/modules/product_free_shipping/collect_info.php
    - /admin/includes/modules/product_music/collect_info.php

3. includes\modules\pages\shopping_cart\header_php.php
    Line 111, remove the ", TRUE":
    Code:
    $attr_value = htmlspecialchars($products[$i]['attributes_values'][$option], ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE);
    Last edited by DrByte; 3 Nov 2010 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Updated to add #3.