Plugin Contributions

Default Override Sideboxes, What should the path be?

Hi

Most of the overide system makes sense. I'ves used this on my other store with out problem.

I'm just a little confused about how to make my newly added "blank sidebox" properly overridden. The instruction in red is what I can't figure out.

Template Files

* Page templates: /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_***.php

You need to modify some part of tpl_account_default.php
    You should already have the following folder structure /includes/templates/CUSTOM/templates.
    Copy tpl_account_default.php to this directory.
    Open the file in a text editor find modify it to suit your needs
    Save the file and upload it to your server.

* Sidebox templates: /includes/templates/sideboxes/tpl_***.php

To modify these files follow the steps above, with the exception of the sidebox path.

So I have the file in includes/template/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox

What should my path look like for the overide file. I have tried various path on this but I've not managed to override this file successfully.

I've been going round in circles for a few hours on this and I think I'm missing something very obvious.

A bit of help on this would be massively appreciated. I started building this site, then the new version comes out. So I want to have all the overides in place properly so upgradeing will be succesfull!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Override Sideboxes, What should the path be?

The blank sidebox does not exist in the core files, so you can safely put its files either in /template_default/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php and in /includes/modules/sideboxes/blank_sidebox.php (this will let the sidebox be used by any active template if you switch templates), or in /your_template/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php and /includes/modules/sideboxes/your_template/blank_sidebox.php (this will limit its existence to /your_template/).

My opinion is that putting the files in /your_template/ folders makes maintenance easier unless you have a good reason to do otherwise.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Override Sideboxes, What should the path be?

Quote Originally Posted by gjh42 View Post
    The blank sidebox does not exist in the core files, so you can safely put its files either in /template_default/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php and in /includes/modules/sideboxes/blank_sidebox.php (this will let the sidebox be used by any active template if you switch templates), or in /your_template/sideboxes/tpl_blank_sidebox.php and /includes/modules/sideboxes/your_template/blank_sidebox.php (this will limit its existence to /your_template/).

My opinion is that putting the files in /your_template/ folders makes maintenance easier unless you have a good reason to do otherwise.
    Thanks you so much, so simple. I just couldn't see it before. Thanks so much for clearing that up for me.