Default Need some suggestion on shipping

zencart 1.3.9a

www.halalitems.com

I am pretty much done with everything except what is confusing me is shipping.

I chose USPS as my shipping carrier. I have setup a webtools id, got the USPS rates when going through the checkout in my site.

Problem I have is I do not see an option for First Class Mail. I have enabled Priority, Express, Parcel, and First Class Mail in USPS module settings.

I contacted USPS and they replied...

"
    Dear USPS Customer,

I have verified your account is active and everything on our side is up and running correctly. I would suggest contacting your 3rd party shopping cart for assistance.

Thank you."

I have a product that is $1.48 and weighs 0.07lbs. I mean it costs $5 to ship it using parcel or priority mail. With first class, I can ship it for $1.39 plus the package (box) costs which is less than $5. How do i setup a cheap way for my customers so they dont pay ridiculous amount of money to ship?

How do I get first class to show up in my shipping estimator?

thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need some suggestion on shipping

I have a 0.07 weight Product in the cart and the Maximum Shipping weight set to 50 and the Tare Rates set to 0:0 and shipping from Ohio to Canada I get:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (GXG) (1 - 3 days)) $33.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $33.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $33.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (USPS GXG Envelopes (1 - 3 days)) $33.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Express Mail International (5 days)) $26.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelope (5 days)) $26.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $20.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Priority Mail International Large Flat Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $33.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $26.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Box (6 - 10 days)) $11.45
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope (6 - 10 days)) $11.45
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (First-Class Mail International Package (Varies)) $1.49
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (First-Class Mail International Large Envelope (Varies)) $1.29
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.07lbs) (First-Class Mail International Letter (Varies)) $1.00
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need some suggestion on shipping

Hello
    I too need help with shipping. I am way new at this and struggle to even navigate this forum. I have searched FAQ and have found nothing to even walk through a single shipping module. Am I missing something? I have guessed my way to something in admin > shipping modules > per unit > perweightunit. One problem so far is GST and PST both being charged on shipping; it should be just GST. Problem two there are zone settings in the above module. How should they be set?

help

thanks

djb