Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to process payment with IPN after upgrade: shipping address provided invalid

After upgrading to 1.3.9 and reinstalling my shipping and payment modules I get that message on the checkout with Paypal IPN (Website payment standard):

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

What could be the problem? and what should I do??

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to process payment after upgrade

I think it might be the pay-pal setting for only ship to verified address try turning it off
    you could start there and see if that makes a difference

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to process payment after upgrade

Did you uninstall and reinstall all of your payment and shipping modules to reset them after upgrading?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to process payment with IPN after upgrade: shipping address provided inval

Thank you hfxstop for your suggestion. I suppose that you are talking about the Payment module and the new options found in ZC 1.3.9 Paypal Website Payment Standard:
    The address override is set to 1 and Shipping Address Requirements set to 2 which were the default values. I have tried different values but nothing change.

Thank you Kim for passing by. Yes, I did uninstall the shipping and payment modules before upgrading following the instructions. And as it was not working I have uninstall-reinstalled the paypal module a second time without any success.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to process payment with IPN after upgrade: shipping address provided inval

Setting the address-override to 0 and Shipping Requirements to 1 would engage the defaults used in 1.3.8.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's also very important to note that Express Checkout is much more contemporary than the old IPN method. EC doesn't have all the limitations present in the old IPN service.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much DrByte.
    It seems to be OK now. I have notice that Paypal Checkout Express is more popular but when I have installed Zen Cart the SSL and Curl lines were in red and choose the setting to off. My account don't have SSL for sure but Curl is enable considering the information that I have. Is there a way to have Curl work to be able to use Paypal C.E.? I am very new about this... may be a link available?
    Have a nice weekend!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. You really should put a plan in place to use SSL to protect your customers' shopping experience while on your site.

2. Zen Cart will try to talk to PayPal using SSL over CURL. When you click on the orange Express Checkout button, if it takes you to the PayPal site, then CURL is working properly and you will be able to use Express Checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Unable to process payment with IPN after upgrade: shipping address provided inval

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Setting the address-override to 0 and Shipping Requirements to 1 would engage the defaults used in 1.3.8.
    Hi DrByte, I'm new to the forum here, as well as Zen Cart in general. You say it reverts to the defaults of 1.3.8, but is that recommended?

I eventually plan on using Paypal Pro/Express Checkout, but if I'm running into this problem at the get-go, I want to know if it's an issue I need to resolve, or if it's just something that needs to be manually switched over because it's an outdated payment module that was not updated.

Thanks for any advice you can offer. Great product, by the way. I'm impressed with all aspects of it so far.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you're new and just starting a new store, then there are two important things to note:
    a) Don't use v1.3.8. It's old and buggy. Use the latest released version.
    b) Don't use IPN (Website Payments Standard). It's also old and buggy. Use Express Checkout instead.

And in so doing you won't have to deal with any of the issues described above.

I'm rather puzzled why this is your first question. It seems rather specific about a matter that's highly unlikely to be a problem for a new store using the latest version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast