Plugin Contributions

Default Download troubles on Mac - How can I get the 'download' button to bring up 'save as'?

I've had these issues since the beginning of the year and still don't have a good answer.

My customers to to download their purchased mp3's and click the 'download' button - they get the mp3 streaming to quicktime or windows media player, or whatever is the default. Not what we want.

I set up instructions to right click and 'save as' but on a Mac, regardless of the browser, it want's to save index.php - completely useless.

In Safari the 'download linked file' does actually seem to work.

It's all seemingly very difficult compared to a lot of other shops where you just click 'download' and the proper prompts come up for you to save the file.

Help Please - it's driving me mad and just making my customers mad...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download troubles on Mac - How can I get the 'download' button to bring up 'save

In v1.3.9, the .htaccess files in the /pub/ and /download/ folders both have settings to force all downloads to be downloaded as-a-file instead of being opened in the application which the users' PC is set to use for those filetypes.

You can copy just the .htaccess files to your current site as an aid until you do your full upgrade ... which you should plan to do as soon as possible.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Download troubles on Mac - How can I get the 'download' button to bring up 'save

Ok, sounds like I'm going to have to read about upgrading - thanks