Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a my customers cannot sign in when using my custom template

Thanks heaps for the reply wilt. You're on the right track there!

It didn't specifically work when I used the line you've posted, but that led me to try replacing $path with '/' in line 36 and that fixed it - no more sign-outs!

So, there is some sort of problem with line 35:

Code:
    $path = dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);
    It's not coming up with a suitable result for $path. I'm no developer so I can't really interpret it further than that.

@DrByte

I created the two demo sites one after the other on the same IIS7 server, which runs php-5.2.6-nts-Win32 via FastCGI, and mysql-5.1.28-winx64. I've had 3 Zen Carts running on it for the past year and a half.

Is it ok for me to just use '/' in line 36 in the meantime?
    And also, let me know if I can provide any further debugging info for this.
    Regards
    Rob

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a my customers cannot sign in when using my custom template

hey who changed the title of the thread? It's not correct now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's not coming up with a suitable result for $path. I'm no developer so I can't really interpret it further than that.
    Do you have details of what it was actually setting the $path to, before you made the change ?

Plugin Contributions

I'm now having this problem too, getting the exact same message, but I didn't make any changes to my site, it just started happening yesterday. Waiting to hear back from my host to see if they made any server setting changes.

When I switch to the classic green template, it allows sign-in. When I switch back to my custom template, it throws the "security error" message when attempting to log in.

I've made absolutely no changes to my site in several weeks, and it was working perfectly until yesterday, apparently, which is when I got the first email from a customer about it.
    Last edited by madmumbler; 27 Apr 2010 at 04:20 PM.
    Lesli in SW Florida ~ writer, teacher, and dodging hurricanes!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a my customers cannot sign in

Quote Originally Posted by madmumbler View Post
    When I switch to the classic green template, it allows sign-in. When I switch back to my custom template, it throws the "security error" message when attempting to log in.
    madmumbler, there are some links int this thread to an article on how to fix it when it's because of the template. Have a look up for those and see if it helps.

The subject of this post was changed halfway through, and is now misleading, because in this case it is not the custom template, it's the 139a upgrade. I see I can alter the subject above this editor, so I'm going to try changing it back now.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a my customers cannot sign in

Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    Do you have details of what it was actually setting the $path to, before you made the change ?
    No, I don't know how to tell that? I'm not a developer. All I could see is that 138 had just the slash where 139 has that new line which creates the path variable.

Is there a way I can make it display that variable on the page.. some sort of "print $path to screen" code?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

My login issue seemed to clear up when I did a fresh install of 1.3.9 and upgraded my db, without making any changes to the template I was using, so I don't know what was up with that, quite honestly. I don't know about log-out issues because I haven't checked that.
    Lesli in SW Florida ~ writer, teacher, and dodging hurricanes!

Plugin Contributions

I Have the same problem, after visiting an earlier version of zen cart, can't log in on 1.3.9a. I got around the problem with a Internet Explorer Setting : Tools - Internet Options - Browser Settings History - Check newer version everytime I visit new page.

Plugin Contributions

Just to clarify the thread:

The specific problem described in this thread is fixed in 1.3.9c

The thread title was changed, presumably by an admin, and is now misleading, because it is not about the template at all.

There is a separate problem that people have with upgrades and custom templates and there is info about that in other threads on the forum.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Fixed 1.3.9c] 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a my customers cannot sign in

I have the same issue There was a security error when trying to login with zencart 1.3.9d , how do you fix this issue happens when you try to log in as a customer

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast