Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spanish Language Pack for Zen Cart 1.39a

me van a disculpar.... soy nuevo con ZEN y apenas estoy aprendiendo a usarlo....

Estoy intentando instalar el spanish pack, subi los archivos de INCLUDES y ADMIN a sus lugares... me quedo la duda de donde se sube aquella que dice SU_PLANTILLA, querra decir CLASSIC o DEFAULT... si la carpeta BUTTONS no esta creada habra que crearla?

Intente varias veces pero sigo obteniendo un error que dice que faltan carpetas y directorios....

agradezco la ayuda...

Plugin Contributions

Hola seiki73
    Tendrás que buscar, y prepárate para aprender mucho, pero a largo plazo merece la pena, Zen Cart 2.0 será el mejor cart disponible, no hay duda.
    Hay mucha ayuda en este foro pero solamente si haces algo de trabajo primero; no hagas preguntas que se puede solucionar en dos clicks en Google. Te recomiendo que no uses el buscador del foro, no va bien.

1) Este language pack está en UTF-8, no el charset por defecto del Zen Cart actual. Es mejor para mostrar las tildes correctamente pero tu base de datos tiene que almacenar los datos en este formato y usar el collation utf-8 general.
    Google es tu amigo.

2) CLASSIC es un ejemplo de una plantilla.
    No deberías tocarla.
    Es muy fea pero funciona como una herramienta muy útil porque sirve para comprobar si los personalizaciones que hayas hecho que han “jodido” la página están en tu plantilla o en el código central.

DEFAULT TEMPLATE no es una plantilla, es un almacén de todas las páginas que la tienda usa.
    No deberías tocarla.
    Cuando quieras modificar algo, tienes que hacer una copia un tu plantilla y editar esa.

3) Deberías crear tu nueva propia plantilla con un nombre distinto. Puedes copiar los archivos de CLASSIC pero hay que cambiar los nombres de las carpetas al nombre de tu plantilla.
    ¿Cómo hacerlo? - Google es tu amigo.

4) Language files. Una vez que tienes todo bien en inglés en tu nueva plantilla, puedes añadir el segundo idioma.
    Hay que meter el contenido de las carpetas nombradas "SU_PLANTILLA" en las carpetas equivalentes de tu nueva plantilla.

Suerte,
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

thanks for your efforts with the spanish translation.

Im sorry i dnt speak or read spanish so i maybe asking a question you have already answered in aprevious post...

I cannot seem to get the spanish language version of the site to work. I have copied the necessary files to the site, i have gone to admin > localisation > language , and added spanish / es and made it default.

what else do i need to do? i cant find any decent help pages to tell people how to have multi language zencarts

i want the visitors of the site to be able to choose between english and spanish. but have spanish as the default.

im using the latest zencart 139d.

thanks

TED

Plugin Contributions

ok , ignore some of my previous post. I have got the site to work in both english and spanish...i think.

I can swap betwen the two using the language/flag option on the sidebar.

however, how do i make spanish the default? i have set it as default in the admin section but it still seems to be english when you first visit the site.

Plugin Contributions

I assume you have renamed the SU_PLANTILLA folders to match your new template/the contents are in your new template folders?

Do you have the languages sidebox visible to be able to select between languages?
    If so, what does it show?
    Does the admin have a define language pull-down select option on the top left of the menu bar?
    If so, what happens when you select spanish?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Spanish Language Pack (complete and UTF8) for Zen Cart 1.39b

hi,

yes i have the site displaying ok now in spanish, but i cant seem to have the spanish version as the default.

I have to click on the spanish flag in the sidebox to swap it to spanish very time i visit the site.

any idea how i get it to default to spanish?

cheers

ted

Plugin Contributions

I think it detects the browser settings, you will have to have the default content set to spanish and maybe even the browser language.

Plugin Contributions

I think i have managed to set the default language to spanish, you set it in the admin > language section as default.

I did notice that one of your buttons is still in english?

the button_goto_prod_details.gif

it still says "product details"

I have used google translator and i believe the spanish for this is "detalles del producto" ?

thanks for a great addition to zencart.

Plugin Contributions

ok, thanks, I'll look into that.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Ive also just had a very strange thing happen to my site.

If i make any change to the spanish.php file in "includes > languages" the site loses some of its layout settings.

It displays fine in english, but if i swap to the spanish version some of the CSS isnt working properly.

If i overwrite the file with the original spanish.php file in your pack it reverts back and looks ok again.

All I am changing is the

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_WEIGHT_UNIT','kgs');

//Shipping
    define('TEXT_SHIPPING_WEIGHT','kgs');

from lbs to kgs.

anyone else had this issue where making any change to this file makes the whole site look wrong?

thanks

TED

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast