Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question now my checkout isn't working after installing SSL today

Hi,
    Is there anybody who can look at my site and tell me why all of a sudden it won't go past the shipping (step 1 of 3) during the checkout process? I just had my host install our SSL certificate this afternoon and now its not working, is that coincidence or could it be something to do with the install?

Click here for my site.

Thanks in advance to all who try to help!
    Lisa

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: now my checkout isn't working after installing SSL today

Have you made any changes other than the ones recommended in Dr Bytes tutorial (also accessible from this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147054) ?

When trying to login or checkout your pages are displaying NONSSL. Guess your configure.php files have not been amended as recommended

Frank
    Last edited by frank18; 24 Apr 2010 at 12:32 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Your SSL appears to be working OK. But if you want advice related to your checkout process, I'd recommend that you create a test account and share the details here. You can always delete it again later.

Most people willing to help won't want to go through your account creation process, and you probably wouldn't want them cluttering up your customer data anyway
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Your SSL appears to be working OK. But if you want advice related to your checkout process, I'd recommend that you create a test account and share the details here. You can always delete it again later.

Most people willing to help won't want to go through your account creation process, and you probably wouldn't want them cluttering up your customer data anyway

Ok, great idea!

Login: [email protected]
    P/W: test123

Plugin Contributions

Do you have any shipping methods enabled, and if so which ones and have you set any geographic / zone restrictions?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Do you have any shipping methods enabled, and if so which ones and have you set any geographic / zone restrictions?
    I have per unit/ weight enabled. Everything was working fine before my host installed the SSL earlier today... is it because I haven't gotten a merchant account yet and only have Paypal enabled? A customer should still be able to go past the shipping stage of the order, correct?

Plugin Contributions

well I just enabled offline credit cards to see if that makes a difference and it doesn't. So I'm lost.

Plugin Contributions

No this won't be related to your merchant account 9or absence therefore) or Paypal. You are right that they don't kick in until the next page (though Paypal Express appears on the Shopping Cart page, but that's still not here).

Your shipping method appears in the shipping estimator on the shopping cart page, which would usually mean that it's installed correctly (just to check, does it have a green icon alongside it in the Admin), but it doesn't appear on your checkout_shipping page.

That's very odd and unfortunately also very difficult to diagnose from the customer side of your site. I suspect that you may need to wait and hope that somebody happens along who has experienced the same problem before and gotten to the bottom of the problem, or seek help from somebody who can set some diagnostic traps in your code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cdnbride View Post
    ....A customer should still be able to go past the shipping stage of the order, correct?
    That's correct. If your checkout process was working fine before installing SSL and if the only changes you made are the required changes in your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files then I can't see a reason why it should not work.

Please post the first few lines of your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files. Those lines should look something like this:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://yoursite.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.com');
    define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://yoursite.com');
    define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://yoursite.com');

// Use secure webserver for catalog module and/or admin areas?
    define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'true');
    define('ENABLE_SSL_ADMIN', 'true');
    Frank

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    That's correct. If your checkout process was working fine before installing SSL and if the only changes you made are the required changes in your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files then I can't see a reason why it should not work.

Please post the first few lines of your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files. Those lines should look something like this:

Frank
    Uh oh was I suppose to change a file or two? I just let my host install the SSL, I thought that was it. Okay, I'll be right back, I need to find the files and then give the tutorial a read. Give me 5 mins.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast