Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Thinking of building a free Mobile Template

Hey Everyone,

I am considering developing a free mobile template module for Zen Cart 1.3.9. with auto device detection I nice clean interface for iphone interface compatible devices and even other less capable devices.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine to do a considerable amount of work only to find its not used especially being that I have no current use for it not owning a shop at the moment.

If this would be useful to you please say so below. If there's enough demand I will proceed with development. Or if there's already something available for free please let me know that as well.

Thanks,

Ken Thompson
    I dont care what it says next to my name. I've been Zenned!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Thinking of building a free Mobile Template

I am interested in using it. thanks

Plugin Contributions

I am interested in a Zencart template for the iPhone (and other mobiles but iPhone first). Be happy to pay for it too (at an average cost of template).

Plugin Contributions

i have been looking for something like this since using zencart.
    with my old oscommerce site i had a iphone site add on i don't know if it could be converted to run on zencart but it can be found at
    forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=327785

i hope this will help as it worked very well on the osc site,
    and i would be interested in the results as the only other option at the moment is to add a css file to turn the site into a print page type format

thanks
    shaun

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ken

I think there will be good demand for templates for mobile devices in the not-too-distant future.

The use of mobile devices for web-browsing is growing at an exponmential rate, and within a few years, mobile browsing is likely to pass "static" browsing.

Sites that don't render (or function) on mobile devices will be unavailable to huge numbers of people.

However... Zencart will be released under a brand new version at some (not too distant) point, so it may be worth waiting for the new version before you create your template.
    19 years a Zencart User

Yep, I would be interested in using this as well. I was just thinking of starting a work in progress of my own.

But as I have read in other threads, there's a lot to think of when creating this item. Every phone manufacture makes their screens a little different. and the way they process data is different. I didnt think i would have the time to do it myself.
    http://www.fusionspiritualemporium.com
    Contrib: Events Calender v1.02 update

Plugin Contributions

Hi ,

I am two months old at using zencart , and I want to create a mobile format for the website www.gracedigitalaudio.com . Do I have to use the mobile version providers like mobify amd mofuse or is there any other way to redirect our website users to mobile format of our website?
    I found a mobile version for Zencart http://www.branninggroup.com/zen-cart-mobile.php , which claims that the entire website based on zencart can be converted to the simpler mobile version. But then using define pages editor the pages have to be customized and CSS usage is not recommended. I just wanted to know if this is a module that can be used with Grace's website? Am I heading in the right direction?

regds,
    Grace

Plugin Contributions

I've been looking for a mobile template for a while, so I would totally be interested in this. However, since the Android phone market share is only 3% behind iPhone, I think the development should not focus on a specific phone, but the overall market. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Andriod, Iphone, and Blackberry support would be needed. I also would be interested in a general template for this even if it was a modification of the default. I sadly do not have the expertise to do the coding for this, nor the time.

Plugin Contributions

Was there any progress on this?

I think this is an important development in ecommenrce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast