Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Shipping Telephone Support Thread

When I try to install the SQL on 1.3.9g i receive the following error:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SQL CHANGES ALTER TABLE zen_address_book ADD entry_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL ' at line 1
    in:
    [SQL CHANGES ALTER TABLE zen_address_book ADD entry_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL AFTER entry_lastname ;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.
    Not very savvy with any of the SQL. Anyone have any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mdmoose View Post
    When I try to install the SQL on 1.3.9g i receive the following error:

Not very savvy with any of the SQL. Anyone have any ideas?
    Try it without the zen_ at zen_address_book so it should be:

ALTER TABLE address_book ADD entry_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL AFTER entry_lastname

JT

Plugin Contributions

Oddly enough in the sql I was using it was formatted as you said. But the error message still says it has zen_address_book.
    SQL as follows:
    SQL CHANGES

ALTER TABLE address_book ADD entry_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL AFTER `entry_lastname` ;

ALTER TABLE orders ADD delivery_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL AFTER `delivery_country` ;

UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =1 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =2 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =3 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =4 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =5 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =6 LIMIT 1 ;

Plugin Contributions

Oddly enough in the sql I was using it was formatted as you said. But the error message still says it has zen_address_book.
    SQL as follows:

Did you use the prefix zen when you created your store? Possibly you need to add zen_ to the beginning of all of them then.

ALTER TABLE zen_address_book ADD entry_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL AFTER `entry_lastname` ;

ALTER TABLE zen_orders ADD delivery_telephone VARCHAR( 32 ) NULL AFTER `delivery_country` ;

UPDATE `zen_address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =1 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `zen_address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =2 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `zen_address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =3 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `zen_address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =4 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `zen_address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =5 LIMIT 1 ;
    UPDATE `zen_address_format` SET `address_format` = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE `address_format`.`address_format_id` =6 LIMIT 1 ;

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all your help. It seems I am getting even different error messages now. I though the sql installed correctly but I was not recieving phone numbers in my invoices. Now when trying the sql i get
    1054 Unknown column 'address_format.address_format_id' in 'where clause'
    in:
    [UPDATE zen_address_format SET address_format = '$firstname $lastname$cr$streets$cr$city, $state $postcode$cr$country$cr$telephone' WHERE address_format.address_format_id =1 LIMIT 1 ;]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for all your help. It seems I am getting even different error messages now. I though the sql installed correctly but I was not recieving phone numbers in my invoices. Now when trying the sql i get

I was having this same problem with my website. I am using the new Zencart 1.3.9h and just for quick background I have installed a few modules including the TY Package tracker 3.1.1, edit orders 3.03, image handler, and slimbox.

After playing around for a few hours I noticed that when you plug in the .sql code you need to remove the first line that says
    SQL CHANGES
    and only paste the code below that line into the zencart sql paches section.

Try that and see if that helps. It seemed to do the trick on my site however now I have to figure out a whole new problem with the telephone number field not showing up. Although I still get the error stating a phone number is required :/

Also you may wish to change the setting for both telephone database options (Uncheck the "Allow Null" option) to make the telephone field a mandatory field. For example I ship via FedEx which requires a delivery telephone number.

Plugin Contributions

OK so after about 4 hours of tinkering around with everything I believe I have found the issue with the Telephone field not showing up.

What I did was go back and reformat all instances of the "shipping/delivery address information". So what I mean by this is that all the PHP code I added to my zencart code where it shows the "firstname, lastname, street, etc) I changed everything to the same format. For my example I moved all the telephone code between the "lastname" and the "street" line.

I also redid the sql setting a little bit to the same format and removed a space between the firstname and lastname attribute and magically my site now shows the telephone field as it should!

*NOTE: I am not a scripter or programmer. I also am not fluent in SQL. Please only use my comments at your own risk. I do not specifically understand what my changes did.

Any elaboration or more details to explain would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming since I am using v1.3.9h maybe it needed to match the order in which the items were listed (ie. firstname, lastname, telephone, street, city, state, zip, country)???

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Add Shipping Telephone Support Thread

Hello,
    We are running Fast And Easy Checkout (FEC) and that is the problem made. Can you please help us regarding the matter?
    Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

You could always just use the fax number option for a telephone shipping number ( assuming you're not already using it ).

Enable the fax number under " Configuration " -> " Customer Details ".

Edit the language file and rename the fax number entry to " Shipping Telephone " or whatever you want.

You can then ( if you want to ) edit the : "tpl_modules_create_account.php " and "tpl_modules_no_account.php" and move the fax number up into the shipping address.

I've done this and it works fine with FEC

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Just wondering if I could get some help on this module.

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.9b, and because I also had other modules previously installed, I chose to manually enter the changes to all the files. I followed very carefully with all the instructions and compared my changes with the codes from the module, just to make sure I'm adding the changes at the correct places.

However, after everything is done, I noticed another addition of phone number in the customer invoice below "SOLD TO" (before I added the module, I had only one telephone number displayed, but now I have two).

I would like to have the shipping phone number to be displayed below "SHIP TO" on customer's invoice. What should I do?

I don't have Super_Orders 2.0 installed in my zen cart, could this be the cause of the problem??

Please help me, anyone...I am so lost and desperate.....

Thank you!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast