Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express button not showing on logged in Checkout

Hi,

First of all, can someone explain the difference between PayPal Express, PayPal IPN and PayPal Website Payments Pro? I think I understand that Pro means that the customer doesn't leave the merchant's site, but what about Express and IPN? What are the pros and cons. Does one offer a better integration with the Zen Cart back end?

Next up, I've installed PayPal express on our dev site with PayPal sandbox. On first impression it looks fine, If I add something to my cart I'm shown the option to checkout through PayPal on the shopping cart page right beneath the store's standard "check out" button. I'm also shown the same "checkout with PayPal" button on the login page. All good.

BUT, when I log in to my own previously created store account and navigate to EITHER the shopping cart page OR the checkout payment page, there's no "checkout with PayPal" button!
    I've checked the source in tpl_checkout_payment_default.php and the source code ** BEGIN PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT ** etc etc is all in place so I can't see why it shouldn't work.

If it makes any difference we have super orders installed and purchase orders enabled.

Any info appreciated!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express button not showing on logged in Checkout

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, exactly what I was after!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For the second question, unless you have something in your cart, you will not see the Express Checkout option because there's nothing to checkout with.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    For the second question, unless you have something in your cart, you will not see the Express Checkout option because there's nothing to checkout with.
    I have things in my shopping cart. This is what happens...

1. I add a product to my cart (without being logged in)
    2. Go to the shopping cart page where I see a PayPal checkout button alongside the normal button.
    OR Go to the login page and see a third PayPal checkout option. This works fine. I can click the paypal checkout button and get redirected to PayPal's website for payment.

The problem comes when I choose to log in to my online store account BEFORE deciding to click the paypal checkout button. Once I'm logged in I go back to the shopping cart page. No paypal checkout button anymore. So I click the normal checkout button and go to the checkout payment page. No paypal checkout option next to other payment options.

That's the problem in a nutshell.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oh, so you've maybe added zone restrictions to your Express Checkout module, and now when you login those zone restrictions are triggering because your address is outside the zone to which you've restricted your module.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ahhh, I think you're on the right lines
    The thing is, the PayPal Express module Payment Zones are already set to 'All Zones'.
    But when I set this to UK Mainland zone ONLY and log in with a store account with a UK Mainland zone address I was able to see PayPal at checkout and on payment pages.
    Switch it back to All Zones and I'm back to square one

In the meantime, I thought I'd try installing the mod on our live site as I think our zone definitions have been changed since setting up the dev site. But when I load admin >> modules >> payment on the live site, the page only partially loads and I get the following error...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/blahblah/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 2861

Uhh! Any pointers would be great.

(We employ a couple of Zen Cart developers to do a lot of the mod development work on our site. Both of them said installing paypal express checkout was a 2 minute job so I thought I'd have a crack at it myself. ...2 days later... )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk View Post
    Ahhh, I think you're on the right lines
    The thing is, the PayPal Express module Payment Zones are already set to 'All Zones'.
    "All Zones" is a zone you created. Apparently that zone is limited.

Set it to --None-- if you want to remove all restrictions.

Plugin Contributions

Bingo! Thank you very very much. That was really quite obvious

Any idea what might be causing the error on our live site...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 491520 bytes) in /home/blahblah/public_html/includes/modules/payment/paypalwpp.php on line 2861

Looks like it's something to do with Website Payments Pro which I installed on our dev site and then removed. Our dev site carbon copy of our live site within a password protected subdirectory of our live site domain. Could this be contributing to the error?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, it's not related to Website Payments Pro. Don't be confused by filenames.

The error message is a PHP memory error. ie: whatever you were trying to do blew out the maximum amount of memory your server has configured to allow your PHP scripts to use.
    You'll need to ask your hosting company to increase the limit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast