Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.3.9e] 1.3.9a Double Orders

I was excited to see this was on the fixed list, but it isn't fixed here.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87761

Still happening post upgrade. What can I check? Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9a Double Orders

This most definitely is not fixed. In fact, it's happening like crazy. Doesn't anyone have any ideas??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I have never yet encountered a "double order" using the IPN module.

But I can categorically tell you that you will not have "double orders" if you use the more advanced Express Checkout module instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

What's that saying? If a tree falls in the forest but no one is around, does it make a sound? Or something like that. Are you saying because it doesn't happen to you it doesn't happen? I'd be happy to send screen shots to show you the trees over here are really noisy. ;)

If I could fix it by just switching payment modules, I would. Except Express Checkout requires the customer to have a Paypal account. I have customers who don't have Paypal accounts and prefer to pay with a credit card. So that's out for me, I'm afraid.

If you could give me a clue where to look in my Zen files, I'd be greatly appreciative. Thank you. :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm saying that in thousands of test transactions I can't recreate the symptoms you describe.

But if you can tell me how to exactly recreate the situation using a brand new clean uncustomized install of v1.3.9b, then it may be possible to concretely prevent the problem you describe. Without being able to recreate the symptoms, how do you expect a solution?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

And, PayPal does *not* always require Express Checkout users to have a PayPal account. It varies based on several factors including geographic regions. For exact details, contact PayPal directly.

Plugin Contributions

Strange, I logged into Paypal to check it out before posting and it says a Paypal account is required for Express. I suppose I could call them to find out more, but I'm not really interested in a payment module that doesn't cover everyone. Nor does it change the fact something is wrong and has always been wrong with IPN, at least in my Zen universe.

How on earth would I know how to recreate the symptom? The symptom *is* the sickness. I've asked customers if they refreshed the checkout page or how it might have happened, of course everyone says they didn't or don't know. Usually the customer-initiated double orders have two Paypal receipts and involve issuing a refund.

I don't really want to continue beating my head against the wall. My forehead is starting to get flat as it is. I simply thought you (or any Zen expert) might be able to suggest a place to start looking, given you know what files would be in play and this was specifically mentioned as having been fixed in 1.3.9a.

Unfortunately, it isn't fixed. At least not here.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Toni,
    What version of PHP and MySQL are you running?

Plugin Contributions

Hi, DrB!

PHP = 5.2.4

MySQL = 5.1.30

Thank you and bless you! LOL! Your efforts are greatly appreciated. :)

It was nice of Joe to offer, as well. Thanks again, guys!

Plugin Contributions

Hi, all!

I know there's another thread about this in the bug forum which marks it as resolved, but I wanted to update this thread to say how grateful I am to DrByte, who really went out of his way to solve this issue. I haven't had a double order in a month, since the last file change, now included in the 1.3.9d release.

Thank you again, DrB! You're awesome and it was a pleasure to "work" with you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast