Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default flash banner in the header

I know that there is a huge number of posts as to how to embed the flash banners but most of them (if not all) differ in the way they handle the subject to some extent and this is what makes me confused. In one of the earlier posts sillyboydarryl suggests the code below should be used and then he directs the lazy buddies to http://www.freddythunder.com/programs/codegen.php. The code generated here is different than what he suggests. I wonder if this makes any difference.

document.write('<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"');
    document.write('codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"');
    document.write('WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="156" id="paragone" ALIGN="">');
    document.write('<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="paragone.swf"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#> <EMBED src="paragone.swf" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=# WIDTH="300" HEIGHT="156" NAME="paragone" ALIGN=""');
    document.write('TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>');
    document.write('</OBJECT>');

Secondly, I have no idea where to put this <script src src="includes/templates/blue_strip/jscript/paragone.js"></script>. I want to place the flash banner in the header so which files should I change - tpl_main or tpl_header? Is it possible to position the swf file in the header pixel by pixel? If yes how can I do that? Would anyone please be kind enough to let me know how to deal with all these matters, if possible, in a plain English?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: flash banner in the header

I know that there is a huge number of posts as to how to embed the flash banners but most of them (if not all) differ in the way they handle the subject to some extent
    Due to differences in code for a flash and/or a swif file
    Looks like you have an Adobe flash file
    Secondly, I have no idea where to put this
    Code:
    <script src src="includes/templates/blue_strip/jscript/paragone.js"></script>
    Reade the js document in the dos folder - your js needs to be renamed from paragone.js to jscript_paragone.js and ZenCart will automatically load it correctly
    I want to place the flash banner in the header so which files should I change - tpl_main or tpl_header?
    If you want it in the header then the tpl header file
    Is it possible to position the swf file in the header pixel by pixel? If yes how can I do that?
    Don't know what you are asking?
    pixel by pixel????
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

What i mean by pixel, how do I position the banner? I know there is an align property in the code but I just wanted to know that if margin thing used in css files would also work for a swf file to more accurately position it.

What code should I add to the tpl_header and after which line? I read the js document but it covers very little. Am I missing something?

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to place a flash banner in the header but I only see a white empty space where flash banner is meant to be. Could this be a firefox problem or I did something wrong? Can anyone help me on this? I have put the following code into the tpl_header file right after "<!--bof-branding display-->
    <div id="logoWrapper">"

document.write('<OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"');
    document.write('codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0"');
    document.write('WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="190" id="untitled" ALIGN="right">');
    document.write('<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="untitled.swf"> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=true> <PARAM NAME=menu VALUE=false> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000> <EMBED src="untitled.swf" loop=true menu=false quality=high bgcolor=#000 WIDTH="550" HEIGHT="190" NAME="untitled" ALIGN=""');
    document.write('TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED>');
    document.write('</OBJECT>');

Plugin Contributions

or I did something wrong
    Make sure code path to swf file is exactly correct or you
    will get white space..

Plugin Contributions

I don't remember putting a code for the path to the swf file, can you be more specific please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bahokan View Post
    I don't remember putting a code for the path to the swf file, can you be more specific please?
    untitled.swf..make sure your code is directing to exact location
    i.e folder, where swf file is housed

Plugin Contributions

I got this code automatically generated on a web site (see above). So apparently, it didn'put any code for the path. The swf file is housed in templates/my_template/images. How can I edit the js file so it includes the code for the path?

Plugin Contributions

The swf file is housed in templates/my_template/images
    Your code above does not reflect that...you don't alter the js file ..call to that js file is not in your code above...

Plugin Contributions

In some other posts, I've seen the code below. Do I need to use something like that, if yes, can u just let me know how?

<script src="includes/templates/my_template/jscript/untitled.js"></script>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast