Plugin Contributions

Default The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist d

Hi. NEED HELP ON THIS. Trying to setup my new store. Can add categories. I do not have any subcategories, but when try to add my first product to either of my two categories, get the following message:
    OOPS - Page Not Found - The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

1. You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.
    2. The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.
    3. The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.
    I have tried a few basic things to try and correct this issue in the "Categories/Products" and "Product Types" sections in the Admin Panel.... but to no avail.

p.s. a screenshot of the message is attached and I DO NOT know php/mysql coding

THANK YOU
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tman4j; 30 Apr 2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Tony A.
    http://braceletstar.com/
    NEWBIE ZENNER

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exi

Sounds like it could be corrupted or missing files in your installation. Reupload all of the files from the Zen Cart zip.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exi

If I do this will I have to redo all of the procedures that were done to install Google Checkout and FCK Editor? Thnx.
    Tony A.
    NEWBIE ZENNER

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It appears that you've been messing with settings in Admin->Catalog->Product Types. Normally one never needs to change things in there.
    It looks like you've changed the Handler Page for "Product - General" to be "product_general" instead of the original correct value of "product".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I believe that you are right. Is there an easy way to set them back to the default or original settings? If so.......... how? Thx.

Tony
    Tony A.
    NEWBIE ZENNER

Plugin Contributions

Outstanding! Under "Catalog> Product Types> Product - General" I deleted the "_product" from the Handler Page field using the edit feature....... and now I can add my products. Thanks again!
    Tony A.
    NEWBIE ZENNER