Default Re: ShopAdmin can only update a portion of my prices

Thanks Gary
    Jim Stiles
    http://www.missyscollectibles.com
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Torvist and Gary

Thanks. I will check with GoDaddy to see if this is the problem.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Still having some issues trying to get descriptions to show up. I went into my admin/configurations and set the maximum number of characters to 400 which should cover almost everytihng.

When I download my .csv file from my supplier, the description column is good, I deleted the columns they had on there that I didn't need and copied it into Apsona to upload it. I'm still getting shorten descriptions, is there a setting within Apsona that might be cutting them off?
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Think I've got the cutoff descriptions figured out, I hope.

Now I've got a problem with Apsona. When I go in and export a file with only the name, model number, quatity in stock, and the description, I save it to the desktop. Then I open it with excel (have tried several ways of opening it) and when it opens, all that is in the description column are # signs and each line appears to have the same number of # signs in it. I click on any of the description cells and they look up in the formula bar where the contents would normally show up, nothing but # signs in there either.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for any help,

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    Think I've got the cutoff descriptions figured out, I hope.

Now I've got a problem with Apsona. When I go in and export a file with only the name, model number, quatity in stock, and the description, I save it to the desktop. Then I open it with excel (have tried several ways of opening it) and when it opens, all that is in the description column are # signs and each line appears to have the same number of # signs in it. I click on any of the description cells and they look up in the formula bar where the contents would normally show up, nothing but # signs in there either.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for any help,

Jim
    Well, I had to do a restore on my database but I got rid of the # symbols in the description column when downloading using Apsona, now that has been corrected. Now to go back and try again to upload full descriptions and hope they work this time and try to get rid of whatever is keeping Google Merchant feed from hanging up. This is getting frustrating but hopefully I'll eventually get it figured out.
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin install does not work

Is this a problem with Apsona, possibly a bad install?

I have a clean csv file (checked it line by line), I used Apsona and copied/pasted it into Apsona, checked to update database and uploaded it.

When I check some products, the description showing on the site for several also include numerous other item numbers and their descriptions all in one. The extra item numbers if brought up on their own, do not have a description showing.

I went back to my clean csv that I copied from and those item numbers are showing a correct description. I'm thinking there is a problem or glitch in the way Apsona is uploading them. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone think it could be a bad Apsona install maybe?

Any help is appreciated, I've written to Apsona but haven't heard back yet so thought I'd also check on here.

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    Is this a problem with Apsona, possibly a bad install?

I have a clean csv file (checked it line by line), I used Apsona and copied/pasted it into Apsona, checked to update database and uploaded it.

When I check some products, the description showing on the site for several also include numerous other item numbers and their descriptions all in one. The extra item numbers if brought up on their own, do not have a description showing.

I went back to my clean csv that I copied from and those item numbers are showing a correct description. I'm thinking there is a problem or glitch in the way Apsona is uploading them. Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone think it could be a bad Apsona install maybe?

Any help is appreciated, I've written to Apsona but haven't heard back yet so thought I'd also check on here.

Thanks
    Jim
    UPDATE:
    Think I found the problem or at least it seems to have fixed it for now. I have in the past always saved my spreadsheet to a csv(ms-dos) format to upload to Apsona and it's been good to go. This time for some reason it messed up random description columns so I was reading up on Easy Populate and found a post about having to save it to another format recognized by EP so I thought, what the heck, it's not working the way it is so I saved it first to a text(ms-dos) and that didn't work so I tried text(tab delimited) and it took it. I haven't checked very many items yet but did check the few I had written down as being messed up and they were all in order after this one.

Can anyone familiar with Apsona confirm this was most probably my problem or not so I'll rest tonight? LOL

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Since I work with a spanish site and accented characters, I long gave up on the vagaries of excel and only use Libreoffice, as you can tell it what encoding to use when both opening and saving your csv.
    I have no problems with Apsona but am only importing about 3k products at most.
    Maybe you should try Libreoffice to see if there is something in your text/Excel it doesn't like.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, I'll take a look at it, I guess in the past I just never noticed the descriptions were cut short, either that or what I was loading for the customer didn't have long descriptions.

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

I am still struggling with Apsona not updating all of my prices. have contacted GoDaddy, and they showed me how to extend the upload time to well beyond what I need. I have also expanded the file size max upload to well beyond what I need, and there is still no change.

Now I am getting an additional error: Something about the script stopping "Script: http://shopadmin-svc.apsona.com/ec/zencart/apsona-ec.1103152126.min.js:12"

What does this mean?
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast