Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin and Admin Profiles Mod

Quote Originally Posted by apsona View Post
    I'm not sure I fully understand the way admin profiles works, but the SQL is definitely incorrect. The admin profiles add-on should be checking for the page named apsona_index.php, but instead it is page named this:

Code:
    #" title="Apsona ShopAdmin - opens in new window" onclick="apsona_showPopup('apsona_index');
    To me this seems like an error in the way the admin profiles add-on was configured. I am aware of some other folks on this forum that have used admin profiles in conjunction with ShopAdmin, so I hope one of them can help.

Regards.
    It works, if you change the file apsona_app_tools_dhtml.php under extra boxes like this:

<?php
    $za_contents[] = array('text' => "Apsona ShopAdmin", 'link' => zen_href_link(FILENAME_APSONA_SHOPADMIN, '', 'NONSSL'));
    ?>

Note:
    the whole file have only this text, nothing else and the Apsona will open straight without a pop up function but you can handle that with your short cut keys when clicking the link that you get it open in another tab or window if you wish.
    You need to also set up the permissions in Admin profiles to allow the link to be visible.
    Last edited by ellivir; 6 Jun 2012 at 07:15 AM.
    I may be blond but at least I found Zen.

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I've been searching for an answer and have not been able to find it so I'm posting it with the hopes of getting pointed in the right direction:

I used Apsona to create categories, manufacturers etc. which was easy and very intuitive. The trouble started when I uploaded the first import. I tried a few products and it worked fine. Then I used a CSV for 7000 products. Apsona only imported about 6300 products and also created double categories for a few top level categories. I'm not sure what I did wrong - but if anyone else had a problem with Apsona creating two records of the same categories and sub categories, please share how you solved it. the test site can be seen at kinkykupid.com / zencart. Please note: this is a adult novelty site/test site and may offend some folks.

The test site is on ZC 1.5
    Last edited by kman55; 11 Jun 2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Adding ZC version

Plugin Contributions

Hey kman55,
    I'm not seeing doubles. I did only look at a few categories, and I didn't blush LOL
    If you could tell me which ocategories you are having a problem with, I'll look again.
    My store has over 7,000 products & I don't run into too many issues with Apsona ShopAdmin
    The first upload of your products is always the one that will cause you a headache.

I can take a guess at what the issue may be:
    Are you listing some of your products in two or more categories?
    Like product A, a "25w light-bulb" is in Category B "lighting" and Category C "light-bulbs" ?
    That will cause a HUGE headache if your spreadsheet doesn't have the categories properly formatted.
    Here is how it has to be on your spreadsheet:
    Master category is the MAIN category for your product. A product can have only ONE Master category.
    Category is where you'll again list the Master category, but also list any other categories you want that product to be in.
    I attached a photo example from my spread sheet so you can see what I am talking about. (Visuals help greatly! LOL )
    ( I run a Pagan store, so I hope YOU aren't offended )
    Do you see how my first product has 2 categories listed, and ONE Master Category?
    The two "categories" listed must be within the same cell, but on different lines.
    And you must use the following format for categories:
    Top category, colon, space, sub-category.
    Categories and sub categories must be separated by a colon, then space.
    Like this:
    Jewelry: Pendants & Charms
    Jewelry: Pentagrams/Pentacles

Hope this is what you were looking for & I didn't confuse you more than you already were.
    If you need more answers, I'll do my best to help.
    Good Luck,
    Kathleen
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin - a free tool for import/mass update/reporting

Hi everyone,

I've been having issues importing products through Apsona. Some days I can import 1000 products, other days I can't import any. I receive these error messages:

The server is not responding..

System progress bar is not responding, see if other component is using it..

I use Google chrome. I have tried in Firefox with no luck either. I have contacted Apsona and haven't heard back. Some people say it is a server issue on my host's side, some say it's a timeout issue. I currently have about 6000 products on my site. I have imported products correctly. I use a shared hosting plan. I have contacted my web host but they don't see anything wrong. Do you think it's because I have a shared plan and require more processor usage? Do you think it's my ISP? Does my web host just suck with Apsona? Would Apsona work better with a dedicated server? or even semi-dedicated? I just don't want to dump a bunch of money on a dedicated server and then find out Apsona still won't work.

Does anyone know a good web hosting company who works well with Apsona?

Many thanks,

Carrie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Valentine88 View Post
    Does anyone know a good web hosting company who works well with Apsona?
    I have over 10,000 skus on my site and have not had that problem. I don't import many products any more, but I do update pricing on all of my products weekly.

I use GoDaddy and have been pleased. I know that there are cheaper sites, but their customer service is excellent. You can even find people there who know zencart.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    I have over 10,000 skus on my site and have not had that problem. I don't import many products any more, but I do update pricing on all of my products weekly.

I use GoDaddy and have been pleased. I know that there are cheaper sites, but their customer service is excellent. You can even find people there who know zencart.
    Thanks for replying so quickly!
    Would spending the extra money and buying a dedicated or semi-dedicated solve my Apsona problems? Or can I go with the regular web hosting Ultimate package and have no issues using Apsona?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Suggest you test your site on a faster host. A real test would give you more accurate information than hundreds of varying opinions.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Suggest you test your site on a faster host. A real test would give you more accurate information than hundreds of varying opinions.
    Who in your opinion is a "faster host".........?

I see your point, but I would much rather hear other people's opinions before spending more money (guaranteed or not) and time "testing" on numerous sites. I have switched hosts before and would like some input or direction before I switch again.

I'm sure there is someone out there who has had similar experiences and can point me in a good direction.

If not more opinions on a web hosting company in particular, how about opinions on what I should look for in a host..? Such as CPU access, bandwith, disk space, limits, and pretty much the minimum on anything that would affect Apsona. My host has said that Apsona may be timing out because the process is taking too long. So what should I look for in a new host so that this does not happen?

I'm sorry if I'm annoying, I'm new to web hosting and all that... I just don't want to dump more money and get screwed :/

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I would need to upload in a bulk way some credit for the customers using gift cards. We're doing that straight to the database now but would be great to use Apsona for that. We would need only a csv with the table "coupon_gv_customer" with the fields "customer id" and "amount".
    Thanks for replying!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rufusclc View Post
    Thanx Apsona for the answer to part 2 of my questions,
    any chance of in the near future doing something with the products_discount_quantity file?
    RufusCLC
    What is the situation of this one? Price Sorter information gets exported and imported but doesn't show the special prices in the shop (unless manually imposed from the admin).
    With the Easy Populate you can do this very easily though, so is there a problem with this here or...?

Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast