Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ShopAdmin can only update a portion of my prices

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    Think I've got the cutoff descriptions figured out, I hope.

Now I've got a problem with Apsona. When I go in and export a file with only the name, model number, quatity in stock, and the description, I save it to the desktop. Then I open it with excel (have tried several ways of opening it) and when it opens, all that is in the description column are # signs and each line appears to have the same number of # signs in it. I click on any of the description cells and they look up in the formula bar where the contents would normally show up, nothing but # signs in there either.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks for any help,

Jim
    I hate to throw out the obvious, but are your columns wide enough to display the titles? When word wray is off and there is too much text to display, excel will replace it with ##s
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    I hate to throw out the obvious, but are your columns wide enough to display the titles? When word wray is off and there is too much text to display, excel will replace it with ##s
    Yep, already checked that, it turned out to be the format I was saving it in an reopening it, think I've got it figured out...at least for this supplier. Fixing to start on my other supplier's datafile and see how it goes.

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    http://www.missyscollectibles.com
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

I am still struggling with Apsona not updating all of my prices. have contacted GoDaddy, and they showed me how to extend the upload time to well beyond what I need. I have also expanded the file size max upload to well beyond what I need, and there is still no change.

Now I am getting an additional error: Something about the script stopping "Script: http://shopadmin-svc.apsona.com/ec/zencart/apsona-ec.1103152126.min.js:12"

What does this mean?
    Not sure on this, I'm guessing you've already set the permissions on each of the Apsona files. I don't know if a wrong permission would cause it or not. I usually carry around 3000 items and haven't run into a problem updating prices or stock levels. Sorry couldn't be of any help.

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Not sure on this, I'm guessing you've already set the permissions on each of the Apsona files. I don't know if a wrong permission would cause it or not. I usually carry around 3000 items and haven't run into a problem updating prices or stock levels. Sorry couldn't be of any help.

Jim
    Is anyone other than me using this with 10k+ SKUs? Maybe I just hit Apsona's max number.
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Is anyone from Apsona still monitoring this thread?

I've sent an email but haven't gotten any response from it either. Is anyone else having this kind of issue. I upload a clean csv file (checked, double checked, and triple checked) but the description for a few items is combined with several others to make one very long description. I have several items that now show up with these faulty descriptions. Also, when I download a copy of the store's database (product.csv), there are several items that are no longer lined up under the correct column heading, it's like each cell entry was moved over one column and not all items have a product id assigned to them.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem within Apsona and it's what is causing my problems with trying to get a good Google Merchant Feed file download.

If there is anyone from Apsona still on here, can you please let me know something? I've used Apsona for several years without any problems but this is really causing problems.

Thanks, if anyone else has any ideas I'm open......

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin install does not work

Anyone know how to delete products in bulk using Apsona? I have over 3400 that I need to delete.

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Anyone know how to delete products in bulk using Apsona? I have over 3400 that I need to delete.

Thanks
    Jim
    If you can write a filter to select those products, go to Products, top center select the drop down for Filters and select "new filter". A new dialogue box will appear that allows you to define the filter. For any characteristic you use, you can create the filter. Once you select that filter, select the "Search" button at the bottom of the dialogue box, the items that would be selected appear on the left. BE CERTAIN THAT THESE ARE THE ITEMS THAT YOU WANT TO DELETE. Then, under tools, select "Delete all". This cannot be undone, so you may want to back up your database first, or test it out on only 1 of the products or something similar!
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

If you can write a filter to select those products, go to Products, top center select the drop down for Filters and select "new filter". A new dialogue box will appear that allows you to define the filter. For any characteristic you use, you can create the filter. Once you select that filter, select the "Search" button at the bottom of the dialogue box, the items that would be selected appear on the left. BE CERTAIN THAT THESE ARE THE ITEMS THAT YOU WANT TO DELETE. Then, under tools, select "Delete all". This cannot be undone, so you may want to back up your database first, or test it out on only 1 of the products or something similar!

That did it, thanks.
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Is Apsona support still in this thread?

I tried to contact them because I want to use the software in my testing site, and as it's been too long I forgot my user and password with them, I went to their website and placed a support ticket to no avail. They never replied.

Plugin Contributions

Hoping someone can point me to the post or posts that will tell me how to mass delete products using Apsona. I'm pretty sure it's in here as I've used it before but I can't seem to find it now. I put a prefix on all the products from this one supplier that I need to delete and I've created a filter for everything with that prefix but when I click on Delete, the box tells me to choose an item from the list. Im pretty sure there is a way to mass delete these items.

Thanks

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast