Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin - a free tool for import/mass update/reporting

Another thing i wounder about, is if you have the same model number in different categories, when you do a price update, will this update only one product or all products that match that model nr?

Plugin Contributions

harlyman - we haven't had any similar bug reports concerning the product import errors you mention, but we'll gladly investigate the issue. Please send us email at support (at) apsona.com with any sample data you can provide us.

As for the other question about price updates: if you're talking about the editing or "update all" features in ShopAdmin, they are performed via product id, so they will only affect the record(s) you have selected for editing.

Hope this helps.
    Apsona

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by apsona View Post
    harlyman - we haven't had any similar bug reports concerning the product import errors you mention, but we'll gladly investigate the issue. Please send us email at support (at) apsona.com with any sample data you can provide us.

As for the other question about price updates: if you're talking about the editing or "update all" features in ShopAdmin, they are performed via product id, so they will only affect the record(s) you have selected for editing.

Hope this helps.
    Apsona
    Hello

I solved the product problem, but regarding the price update, if i have a price list with products that i need to update my shop with, if i choose to do this by model number it only update prices on 1 product with that model number, but since one model is in several categories, apsona only updates the first model it locates in the shops db, and not all of them, is there a way to do this?

The products are not linked btw.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I downloaded the Apsona mod but I have had very little success. When trying to upload a csv product file it fails 95% of the time. The two errors that are returned are:

1) The server is not responding. Please check your network connection.

or

2) System progress bar unavailable: Maybe Maybe some other component is using it?

I had emailed Apsona direct yesterday but I have had no reply. Can anyone help?
    Last edited by Simmons; 31 Dec 2010 at 06:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Simmons - this is likely to be a server misconfiguration. It happens because the server is taking too long to respond to requests from ShopAdmin. We've had a few cases where the user's server had a firewall configuration set incorrectly, causing this issue. Perhaps you should ask your hosting company about this.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by harlyman View Post
    Hello

I solved the product problem, but regarding the price update, if i have a price list with products that i need to update my shop with, if i choose to do this by model number it only update prices on 1 product with that model number, but since one model is in several categories, apsona only updates the first model it locates in the shops db, and not all of them, is there a way to do this?

The products are not linked btw.
    This sounds like you are trying an update via the import process. For this to work correctly, the model number field must be unique (i.e., every product record must have a different model number). But it doesn't sound like that's the case in your database, since you say you have the same model number in several categories as distinct product records. In this situation, you will have to update by product id rather than model number. One way to do this is to export the product ids of the products you want to update, change the prices, and then use the product ids for the update.

Plugin Contributions

This sounds like you are trying an update via the import process. For this to work correctly, the model number field must be unique (i.e., every product record must have a different model number). But it doesn't sound like that's the case in your database, since you say you have the same model number in several categories as distinct product records. In this situation, you will have to update by product id rather than model number. One way to do this is to export the product ids of the products you want to update, change the prices, and then use the product ids for the update.
    Ok that makes it harder and alot more work to do, need to figure a way to be able to update all products with same model number in the zen db, might be an idea for next release or update to add a select all or update all based on model numbers not just one uniqe model.

Plugin Contributions

Simmons - this is likely to be a server misconfiguration. It happens because the server is taking too long to respond to requests from ShopAdmin. We've had a few cases where the user's server had a firewall configuration set incorrectly, causing this issue. Perhaps you should ask your hosting company about this.

Hope this helps.
    Hi, I have had a reply from my hosts who say there has been no changes to the server configuration or the firewall. I have only just started to use/play/learn your Apsona add-on since the 26th of Dec. Everything was working fine until the 29th of Dec.

I have reinstalled the files in case there was a problem. Used Win-merge to compare the files before and after this problem and there is no difference. I have even installed the files on another test zen cart website on a different domain but it still returns the same errors messages.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by harlyman View Post
    Ok that makes it harder and alot more work to do, need to figure a way to be able to update all products with same model number in the zen db, might be an idea for next release or update to add a select all or update all based on model numbers not just one uniqe model.
    It would help greatly if I can understand this use case better. I had the impression that requiring model numbers to be distinct is appropriate, but your use case contradicts that.

What is it about the product-id-based update requirement that makes it a lot harder? Is it that you're getting your prices in a price book from an external source? Can you describe the process you follow, and the data source you get the data from? We can then accommodate such uses within ShopAdmin.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Regards.

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help? Apsona worked fine until the 29th where everything worked except uploading products by a CSV file.

I can export, I can update existing product records but I cannot create new products by CSV file????? I get no validation errors and the new categories are created but not the new products within that newly created category.

My hosts have tried too and they say it is defiantly not a server / firewall problem.

I can change, delete and add new products and categories manually one by one via both the Zen Cart Admin and the Apson Tab, but completely unable to upload new products via CSV.

I have this installed and tested Apsona on three new clean Zen Cart installs on two separate servers and both have the same error. 'unable to connect' then after that every error message reads “System progress bar unavailable: Maybe some other component is using it?” until I close down aspona and restart it.

Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast