Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Is anyone using Apsona ?

dw if you dont have anything constructive to add to this conversation will you just lay off
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin install does not work

I’ve just installed the Apsona ShopAdmin module on a test site on a local server using WAMP 2.0

I’m using ZC 1.3.8a and I have patched my database to use PHP 5.3

I am getting the following errors when navigating to Admin>Tools>Apsona ShopAdmin

When I click on that link, a second browser opens and the following is all that is on the page.

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\ZenCart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 177

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\ZenCart\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 177

I checked the db and the two additional files were written to it..

Would it be that the addon is not yet PHP 5.3 compliant, or is there another issue/easy fix..

Plugin Contributions

Mike_Dean - I doubt that this is a ShopAdmin issue. This looks like the issue that has been discussed in this thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147583

Please let me know if you find out otherwise, however.

Regards,
    Apsona
    http://apsona.com

Plugin Contributions

htm2112 - To make doubly sure, I tested ShopAdmin on a GoDaddy installation, and it seems to work. I appreciate your choice of going with another hosting company, but I'm saying this simply because I don't want to leave people with the impression that GoDaddy is to blame entirely for this problem. I'm guessing that it was some sort of transient issue that you ran into, and I'm very glad it is resolved.

Regards,
    Apsona
    http://apsona.com

Plugin Contributions

Can I just say that we have installed Apsona on our website, and apart from a few teething troubles, I think it is a really good program.
    The people at Apsona have been very good in helping us overcome some problems. Requests for support have been answered quickly and efficiently.

I see nothing suspicious about this program.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunus View Post
    Can I just say that we have installed Apsona on our website, and apart from a few teething troubles, I think it is a really good program.
    The people at Apsona have been very good in helping us overcome some problems. Requests for support have been answered quickly and efficiently.

I see nothing suspicious about this program.
    I looked around as well. And nothing took me by surprise. I didn't find anything in their terms and restrictions that was out of the ordinary although I guess as an open source hacker I would like to have a little more control over the source code but that's their prerogative.

It actually seems like a cool program that is working as well if not a lot better then the mess easy populate is. As soon as we hire someone to keep all of our products updated I'm going to look into it so they can utilize it.

Not sure what dw08gm's problem is.. and I'm certainly not going to pay to find out ;)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    I’ve just installed the Apsona ShopAdmin module on a test site on a local server using WAMP 2.0

I’m using ZC 1.3.8a and I have patched my database to use PHP 5.3

I am getting the following errors when navigating to Admin>Tools>Apsona ShopAdmin

When I click on that link, a second browser opens and the following is all that is on the page.

I checked the db and the two additional files were written to it..

Would it be that the addon is not yet PHP 5.3 compliant, or is there another issue/easy fix..
    Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but your problem is right there if you are running PHP 5.3x. ereg is a deprecated function in 5.3x which means it is no longer supported in php. The query_factory.php is a core Zen-Cart file. Change the
    Code:
     !ereg
    to
    Code:
    !preg_match
    through out the file and see if that solves your problem. It is in that file 6 times.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Better yet, if you're using PHP 5.3, then it's time for you to upgrade to ZC v1.3.9 which has already been written to be compatible with PHP 5.3.
    Don't bother messing with core files ... it's a much better investment of your time to upgrade to code that's already been fixed for you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Better yet, if you're using PHP 5.3, then it's time for you to upgrade to ZC v1.3.9 which has already been written to be compatible with PHP 5.3.
    Don't bother messing with core files ... it's a much better investment of your time to upgrade to code that's already been fixed for you.
    Thanks,

I have done that, tried the add-on on a completely clean 1.3.9b and PHP5.3 but it still did not work.

If I used PHP 5.2.11 on ZC 1.3.9b, the add-on worked.

So I can only conclude (probably wrong tho..!) that whilst the mod will work on ZC 1.3.9b, it will not work on PHP 5.3.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What errors did you get in 139?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast