Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Apsona and Zencart not corresponding

Torvista.......I haven't seen the "Update Records" box you showed above, how to I get to it? I also need to add a couple of fields.

Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    http://www.missyscollectibles.com
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RiverCity View Post
    Torvista.......I haven't seen the "Update Records" box you showed above, how to I get to it? I also need to add a couple of fields.

Thanks
    Jim
    Is anyone else able to bring up the window that Torvista showed above where you can update record titles?

Thanks
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Is anyone else able to bring up the window that Torvista showed above where you can update record titles?

Thanks

Ok, I found the box indicated above in Torvista's post but it turned out not to be what I was looking for after all. I was looking for a place where you could add product fields that weren't included with ZenCart install. I have a couple of datafeeds that need different fields than what is showing as options.

Anyone have any ideas if this is possible or not?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
    Yeah, we started getting this too. Here's what we do - first of all, of course, BACKUP your database!

Then, go to "Store Manager" and then...

* Update All Products' Attribute Sort Orders
    * Update ALL Products Price Sorter
    * Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID

Thanks for your reply Kelvyn.
    I did the first 2 steps but I am unsure of "Reset ALL Products Master Categories ID".
    What exactly does this do?
    I have a lot of products and they are all linked to multiple categories.
    Will this cause any problems?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Anyone have any ideas on this or might be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks

Ok, I found the box indicated above in Torvista's post but it turned out not to be what I was looking for after all. I was looking for a place where you could add product fields that weren't included with ZenCart install. I have a couple of datafeeds that need different fields than what is showing as options.

Anyone have any ideas if this is possible or not?

Thanks,

Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Default ShopAdmin can only update a portion of my prices

I have about 10,600 SKUs on the site. I calculate the prices based on the current cost of gold and silver. The prices are calculated in an elaborate Excel spreadsheet. I save the file as a csv file for uploading. The file consists of the model # and the current price. The file also contains the current date and 2 more bits of data that are not uploaded. In the past I have been able to update all of the prices in one pass.

After extensive testing, I have determined that I can only upload 2500 SKUs at a time. This means that I have to upload 5 files, but at least it works.

When I exceed the 2500 limit, the upload process will pause partway through. Sometimes for as much as a minute. It always does restart at some point. In those situations, when I check a price on my website, I search for the model and I receive the following error:

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"

I then have to shut down my browser. Sometimes I have to wait before my website will relaunch. When I finally get to my site, the last price in the file was not uploaded. I have not checked to see of some are uploaded and some not, as that would be very tedious.

Does anyone have any ideas of where I can go from here.
    Last edited by SPembleton; 22 Dec 2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: wrong place
    Steve Pembleton
    www.cheapjumprings.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ShopAdmin can only update a portion of my prices

Check your php errors and hosting error and access logs (server, mysql) to look for some clue about what is timing out.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPembleton View Post
    I have about 10,600 SKUs on the site. I calculate the prices based on the current cost of gold and silver. The prices are calculated in an elaborate Excel spreadsheet. I save the file as a csv file for uploading. The file consists of the model # and the current price. The file also contains the current date and 2 more bits of data that are not uploaded. In the past I have been able to update all of the prices in one pass.

After extensive testing, I have determined that I can only upload 2500 SKUs at a time. This means that I have to upload 5 files, but at least it works.

When I exceed the 2500 limit, the upload process will pause partway through. Sometimes for as much as a minute. It always does restart at some point. In those situations, when I check a price on my website, I search for the model and I receive the following error:

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading"

I then have to shut down my browser. Sometimes I have to wait before my website will relaunch. When I finally get to my site, the last price in the file was not uploaded. I have not checked to see of some are uploaded and some not, as that would be very tedious.

I had this problem when my store was hosted on Hostgator. There timeout is set to 30 sec. and they won't change it. In cpanel you should be able to check your server settings, or ask support what is the server timeout set to.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, quick and probably an easy question but before I do it and mess things up...with my luck, I thought I'd ask to be sure. I have my products uploaded ok, when I need to update the inventory count, just what fields do I need have in the csv file that I upload other than the 'Quantity in Stock' field?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Jim Stiles
    Coming home to Zen Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Most of the time when I update inventory I have MODEL, PRODUCT NAME, and QUANTITY.

Page 54 of 78 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast