Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Apsona ShopAdmin - a free tool for import/mass update/reporting

Ok just installed it.

The first page of Apsona "the dashboard", the reports etc are showing in US date format, is there a way to change that?
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    Just to update everyone on how this is going I’ve found that Apsona is importing the new records and updating existing records. At least until it shows the error message, and then it stops.

The problem is in the Category field. It is not being updated or set with new records. All the other fields are being set or updated.

It appears that Apsona must be waiting for some kind of acknowledgment from the write, or update process and it never comes so it throws an error that the Server Is Not Responding because the process has not completed.

I’ve decided, for now at least to move the store. Although the speed of the site is outstanding, I believe this problem is connected to the Server.
    In any event I’ll know once the site is moved.
    Tonight M. A. Sridha from Apsona and I did a screen share to check out Apsona to see if we could figure out why the ‘Server Not Responding error keeps popping up when updating or importing new records.

Using Firebug to watch what Apsona was doing while doing an import of 10 records shows Apsona is doing what it should, or at least it did tonight.

The Test file only had 10 products and they were imported as new records. Because I changed the Category in the test file Apsona created the Categories and imported all 10 as normal complete with categories.

After that I went back to the original file which has 251 products and tried to import. The import failed after importing 110 records and all of them were missing the Category field.

I deleted those and changed the Categories just enough that Apsona would see them as new Categories. Using the same file all the Categories were created but none of the products were created, and I got the ‘Server Not Responding error after 100 records.

I'd have to say the SQL Server is not working with Apsona. It has been but now something must have changed.

Gary
    Last edited by gxjenkins; 23 Feb 2012 at 06:30 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gxjenkins View Post
    Tonight M. A. Sridha from Apsona and I did a screen share to check out Apsona to see if we could figure out why the ‘Server Not Responding error keeps popping up when updating or importing new records.

Using Firebug to watch what Apsona was doing while doing an import of 10 records shows Apsona is doing what it should, or at least it did tonight.

The Test file only had 10 products and they were imported as new records. Because I changed the Category in the test file Apsona created the Categories and imported all 10 as normal complete with categories.

After that I went back to the original file which has 251 products and tried to import. The import failed after importing 110 records and all of them were missing the Category field.

I deleted those and changed the Categories just enough that Apsona would see them as new Categories. Using the same file all the Categories were created but none of the products were created, and I got the ‘Server Not Responding error after 100 records.

I'd have to say the SQL Server is not working with Apsona. It has been but now something must have changed.

Gary
    The testing I did today and using Firebug shows Apsona is running into a 500 Internal Server error.
    I've passed this along to my host and hopefully they'll be able to figure out why.
    In the meantime I'm looking for new hosting.

Plugin Contributions

Just an update to let everyone know how this turned out. The store has been moved to a new Hosting account and it and Apsona are working well together.
    I have no doubt my old hosting company will work out the kinks in their sql server. They just need more time to tune it to work with high demand applications.
    Yesterday I was able to upload 5k new products with any problems.

Gary

Plugin Contributions

I have a ZC139h and Apsona ShopAdmin version v1.07.1-b1103152126

Earlier today I did a product update. The file I uploaded had only 2 columns: Prod ID and META KEYWORDS.

This added all the keywords, just as expected. But for some reason all my meta prod titles got switched off.

So I restored the backup, all my meta titles came back. Then I repeated the same update with the same results (titles disappear).

I am completely stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The products table requires a 1 in the metatags_title_status and metatags_products_name_status fields.
    Perhaps your Apsona import just requires that you supply values for those fields in order for it to import a non-zero value, instead of resetting it to 0.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Please can someone help me with the issue of unresponsive script? I have been trying to upload to my site but keeps on getting that a script on the page may be busy or stopped responding. The reference to the rogue script is: Script:http://shopadmin-svc.apsona.com/ec/z...2126.min.js:12

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Perhaps your Apsona import just requires that you supply values for those fields in order for it to import a non-zero value, instead of resetting it to 0.
    Wow... great idea! I'm trying it now. I added two column, values set to 1. Current import includes:
    Product_ID, Meta_Keywords, Meta_Tags_Title_Status

Though I made a column of 1's for the Product_Name_Status, there is no matching value for it in Apsona!

Grrr.

We'll see if it works. Do you know of a way to add fields to Apsona?

NOPE! All my titles get switched off again! I bet it would work if I could add Product_Name_Status to Apsona.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by poola View Post
    Please can someone help me with the issue of unresponsive script? I have been trying to upload to my site but keeps on getting that a script on the page may be busy or stopped responding. The reference to the rogue script is: Script:http://shopadmin-svc.apsona.com/ec/z...2126.min.js:12

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    You could use a Firefox plugin named Firebug to see what is happening and maybe see why it becomes unresponsive.

Just install Firebug and start it just before you start your import. Hopefully you will see when it stops responding and you'll have more information you can take back to your hosting support or here.

I hope that helps.

Plugin Contributions

Is anyone using Apsona to generate a feed file for Google?

If you are please let me know how you're doing this. I do a Full Export, but there are still things missing like the url, and upc, to the product.

Thanks,

Page 39 of 78 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast