Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Just installed Zen Cart 1.3.8a and need your help installing ZJ_Black_2 template!

Just installed Zen Cart 1.3.8a and wanted to try ZJ Black 2 template but I can't seem to get it work even trying installing directory in different locations....

ZJ - ZenCart jQuery Template Pack (five diffrent templates)

Here is the link:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1033

Do I have to install each template seperate or can I install the complete five pack? Then just pick and choose? Tried the following....

Installed my new template folder: zj_black_2 to Public_html, then tried installing at: Public_html/includes/templates. Then installed just the zj_black_2 template by itself in dir html/includes/templates as best as I could since I could not find any directions on how to do this, dir order, etc...got it to work but the side tables will not load when editing them....more than likely the directories are not installed in correct order

Spent half the day today searching...and really need some good info on this...

thanks for any help on this!

Doug
    Last edited by nnutbuster; 8 Sep 2009 at 04:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just installed Zen Cart 1.3.8a and need your help installing ZJ_Black_2 template!

Quote Originally Posted by nnutbuster
    got it to work but the side tables will not load when editing them
    Note highlighted and the tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorial
    Open your Admin panel and navigate to tools -> template selection. Click the Edit button, then choose CUSTOM from the dropdown menu and click the Update button. Now, navigate to tools -> layout boxes controller and at the bottom of the page click the Reset button.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=142
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Just installed Zen Cart 1.3.8a and need your help installing ZJ_Black_2 template!

[QUOTE=kobra;778933]Note highlighted and the tutorial

Kobra is there also a way to install it with the demo boxes, products, etc. as shown here?

http://(sorry, site offline)/site/im...zj_black_2.jpg

I will try the suggestions and let you know how it goes...thank you very much!

Doug

Plugin Contributions

Did what you said and it did reset all the figures in colum boxes setup but site still looks the same.

www.kctrading.net

I could easily do a reload...just need to know how to install everything...is there a way to install all the templates without just picking out the zj files?

Doug

Plugin Contributions

BTW I could not find a install.txt for the template....is there one?

Doug

Plugin Contributions

Just noticed this:

When I click on New Language while in template I get this error at top:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class queryFactoryResult could not be converted to string in /home/mysite/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 343

Plugin Contributions

Did a fresh install of zen cart 1.3.8a as I think I messed up the first try....so I am waiting on hearing what directories to install this five pack of templates. Can't seem to find the correct one...notice that the unzipped folders have a lot of sub directories.

Plugin Contributions

Just use your FTP program to drag the 'includes' folder from the template zip file to the root (top directory) of your Zencart installation, which will place all the folders and files in their proper places, then select the template in admin, and reset the layout boxes controller.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Just use your FTP program to drag the 'includes' folder from the template zip file to the root (top directory) of your Zencart installation, which will place all the folders and files in their proper places, then select the template in admin, and reset the layout boxes controller.

Ok, when I try installing using Fillzilla ftp and install the zj templetes in the Public_html where I installed zen cart (left field blank for root) and drop the fill directory into the que it just transfers that dir to the root unless you are saying it will distrbute all the files to the proper directories through out my root where zen is installed?

Am I missing something...please walk me through this...thanks!

Doug

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nnutbuster View Post
    unless you are saying it will distrbute all the files to the proper directories through out my root where zen is installed?

Doug
    Exactly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast