Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default updated to 1.3.9b now existing customers password/security incorrect

hey all,
    after upgrading, customers who had already created an account on the site are unable to log in... says 'there was a security error' when trying to log in.

only solution now is for customers account to be deleted, and for them to sign up again.

any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: updated to 1.3.9b now existing customers password/security incorrect

That begs the question: how exactly did you do your upgrade?

The built-in database-upgrade step doesn't adversely affect customer login details.
    Maybe you've added some addons which change how customer security is handled, which has broken the ability for it to properly authenticate your customers?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: updated to 1.3.9b now existing customers password/security incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by customk1 View Post
    hey all,
    after upgrading, customers who had already created an account on the site are unable to log in... says 'there was a security error' when trying to log in.

only solution now is for customers account to be deleted, and for them to sign up again.

any suggestions?
    I have upgraded to 1.39b and my customers have no problems at all.

Plugin Contributions

dr byte thank you for your insight.
    i used filezilla to do an overide with the updated files to 1.3.8a the other day. realized i didnt use the 'install' package, so i then used it to update the database, and followed the instructions step by step for that (making a new database with mysql etc).
    then, because i had already gone back and fixed some stuff that had been changed with 1.3.8a, i just followed the instructions to to a file by file replacement from the changelog.

if need be, i can put the old site back up, and do the whole install direct to 1.3.8b again...
    your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1.3.8b ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

typo. change my references to 1.3.8b to 1.3.9b and references to 1.3.8a to 1.3.9a

Plugin Contributions

i am in the process of putting the old site back up. then i will do the install direct to 1.3.9b... and see if that works.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by customk1 View Post
    i am in the process of putting the old site back up. then i will do the install direct to 1.3.9b... and see if that works.
    How is this working out for you so far? Any luck?

Plugin Contributions

so far no good. i still cannot login to the site as a customer created before the upgrade.

any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

ive got customers waiting to place orders... might just need to revert back until i can get an answer on this... cant afford to be down for this long....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast