Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please select a payment method for your order

Yeah, this is a total bug. I've been banging my head on this for several hours! Everything is set up properly and appears to work on paypals end but when it returns you to zen cart you get no payment methods and cant continue. I'm new to zen so i haven't had anything working before and was thinking it's one of these wickedly customizable options that takes some more digging.
    It's just as Aziph explains.
    Having only paypal express enabled, configured correctly. Add product to cart, fill out paypal info (can even be new customer w/o paypal login). Paypal communication works fine, logs read fine, ipncheck works fine. Paypal brings you back to your store and you get page like jensen_tw first image above with no way to complete check out.

I tried the other options mentioned above and none of them worked. The only working solution was to enable another payment type. My case I did the money order.

I hope there's a fix or workaround to this very soon.

Plugin Contributions

Giving this a bump in hopes of someone knowing how to resolve or work around this as PPX is the only way for me to accept payment. I guess i may be able to keep another payment method and then hide the button/link for the other payment methods (continue checkout).

Plugin Contributions

I was able to get around this with tips others have stated. Specifically, I set:
    Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically: No (was previously yes and prevented people from being able to choose "Walk-In")
    Skip Payment Page: No (set to yes, though I don't remember which was the default)
    Transaction Currancy: Selected Country (Was set to USD)

Hope this helps someone,
    -Dave

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davez View Post
    I was able to get around this with tips others have stated. Specifically, I set:
    Select Cheapest Shipping Automatically: No (was previously yes and prevented people from being able to choose "Walk-In")
    Skip Payment Page: No (set to yes, though I don't remember which was the default)
    Transaction Currancy: Selected Country (Was set to USD)

Hope this helps someone,
    -Dave
    Nope..didn't work for me. still stuck with the same error:
    Please select a payment method for your order. ugh. maybe that sensei dr byte dude will have an idea.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Did anyone fix this as I am having the same issues and I only want to accept PayPal and at the moment I am having to have the cheque/money order module enabled to get around this but it is confusing some of my customers??

Plugin Contributions

I have the same problem with 1.3.9e (and from the notes it doesn't sound like 1.3.9f is fixing it either). As far as I can see the problem is that on the Step 2 page the $_SESSION['payment'] is set to 'invoice' which would be wrong.
    Not sure what is causing this but looks like a bug to me.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mr_modo View Post
    As far as I can see the problem is that on the Step 2 page the $_SESSION['payment'] is set to 'invoice' which would be wrong.
    Not sure what is causing this but looks like a bug to me.
    If it's doing that, then the "bug" you mention is with whatever is setting the value to 'invoice', since a clean fresh uncustomized install of Zen Cart never sets the payment method to 'invoice', since such an option doesn't exist without an addon to do that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Going once more over it, the problem was the incorrect return address on the PayPal website. The part that is confusing it for me is that with Express Checkout I do not get the Payment Page although I have Coupons and Gift Certificates enabled

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mr_modo View Post
    Going once more over it, the problem was the incorrect return address on the PayPal website. The part that is confusing it for me is that with Express Checkout I do not get the Payment Page although I have Coupons and Gift Certificates enabled
    I'm confused. You're posting in a thread entitled "Please select a payment method for your order", but now you're talking about your site NOT showing the Payment page .... but that message is only shown ON the payment page.

I think it would be best if you back up a ways and give a lot more background about what led you to this stage where you're having whatever problem you're trying to tell us. Lots more of the big picture would help.
    Plus, when you click the "Reply" button below, there is a "Posting Tips" section that asks several questions whose answers would be helpful.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I also have this issue.

Is there any code to fix the issue?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast