Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default add shipping costs after the sale? and can I edit orders after placed?

1.39a clean install with paypal express and pro
    no addons
    couldn't find a thread about this:

here's how my business works: right now at least, I don't stock anything, it's all drop shipped from my distributor.

Customer adds items to the cart and makes the purchase

I get an email and call my distributor to find out what it would cost to ship to my customers zip.

I can't figure out a way to then add that shipping cost to their order...then I need to capture on the new amount.

btw, It will be stated on my site that prices do not include shipping

suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add shipping costs after the sale with paypal express and pro

also how do I modify the order once it's received?, say a customer calls after placing an order an they don't want one item or they want to add something else

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add shipping costs after the sale? and can I edit orders after placed?

I tried to do a capture for 1.00 more than what was purchased but this is the error I get:

Error There was a problem capturing the transaction. (Amount limit exceeded.) 10610

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add shipping costs after the sale? and can I edit orders after placed?

I spoke with paypal and they suggested that I get the cc/shipping info and run it through later manually

Plugin Contributions

You can't change an order after it's completed.

If you're using Paypal, you can't (as far as I know) 'capture' the CC info, and I don't think you really want to, anyway.

What is it about your business or your products that requires you to add the shipping later? Lots of Zenners do dropshipping, and manage to add the shipping charges inside the Zencart process.

Plugin Contributions

the problem is I have no way of knowing how much shipping will be because it's not standardized by my distributor and eventually I'll be working with other distributors whom may do it differently.

it would be easier if I get the order with zip code & cc info from zen cart and then call my distributor to get the actual shipping they are going to charge me and add that to my customers order then capture

let me know your thoughts...I'm desperately trying to find a solution and I just don't think any sort of shipping calculation in zen car is going to work for me

Plugin Contributions

I don't do any kind of dropshipping, so I can't offer anything from experience, but it seems strange to me that your supplier would make you jump through these hoops. Have you looked into other distributors?

You might also Google 'ceon advanced shipping'.

I'll also suggest that a lot of people (including me) would be reluctant to order from a site where the owner was able to add charges onto my credit card, even if you figure out a way.

Plugin Contributions

I used the term distributor loosley...it's another shop and I'm going to be carrying their custom products. They are going to drop ship them for me.

funny you mentioned Ceon, I just found this:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1277

Plugin Contributions

I'm testing edit orders v2 and it's working, I can add and remove items but currently it's not updating the order total, in fact it's setting it to 0.00 so I'm looking into a fix for that

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    I'm testing edit orders v2 and it's working, I can add and remove items but currently it's not updating the order total, in fact it's setting it to 0.00 so I'm looking into a fix for that
    So have you had any success in getting this to work? We are installing ZenCart (1.3.9d) and also get shipping costs after the product has been drop shipped.... trust me, its just part of the business we are dealing with on a sole sourced product.

If fixed, how is it working out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast