Plugin Contributions

application error installed demo now old admin not accessible

Installed demo of 139b in seperate folder on my server.
    per the three easy steps in this tutorial:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=108
    New/seperate database installed fine. Didn't look much different from the original/fully updated 138a version I'd been running since 06/2009. Noticed email not functioning so I tried to access my working website admin file to print a copy of the set up.
    I'm getting a browser error saying it cannot display the webpage (admin.php). My working 138a storefront looked fine until I tried to log in and I received the same message.
    • I completely removed the 139b folder on my server - still not functioning.
    • I removed the demo database from server - still not functioning.
    • I FTP'd all the previously synced files up to the server - still not functioning.
    • I changed the admin/includes/configure.php and includes/configure.php access to 777 when I uploaded the synced files and switched them back to 644. - These files are pointed to the correct database btw

I use Dreamweaver 8 as an editor and haven't had any problems with updates in 138a.
    The only customizations I've done are to the /MY_CUSTOM/ files; installed a paypal_verified_logo_1-0-7; and "simple_create_orders" module
    My backups are regular including dated DB backups in gzip format so I can go back to them instead of my recently synced files.
    What is the the best procedure to recover my website?
    Do I delete everything from the server and reload from my backups?
    Thank you - VDS Decal

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: installed demo now old admin not accessible

If you truly installed your "demo" site in a separate folder AND separate database, then it would not touch your live store at all.
    But if you used the *same* database name, host, username, and password as what your *live* store is using, then you probably wiped it out when you ran the installer.

Thus, you will need to restore your database from backups.

Then, to install the "new" (or "demo" as you called it) site, make sure you create a NEW database, with a NEW database username and password, and use those NEW credentials in the database-setup stage of the installation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dr. Byte
    I restored my database I tried three different backups, but still have same problem. Don't think that is the problem since I can still see all of my product on my site and changes with each restore DB.

I used a different DB, username, & password for the demo. Not sure what you mean by another "host".

Only access to my admin and access to customer login has been effected. Is it possible my SSL interfering with logins?

How do I restore my zen-cart php files to before demo?
    Thanks - Jonna

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I thought your post said you needed the old data back.
    If you also need your PHP/etc files back, then you'll need to wipe and replace using your backup.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I hadn't created a sub-domain when installing the DEMO. Do you think some of the paths in my live store got corrupted? After doing this for a while I just went ahead and installed 139b fresh.
    I only had a couple of mods and plenty of backups to gleen my text insterts. The DB imported fine and upgrading was much easier than I had read into the instructions. I'm still working on image imports, but that's only taking so much time because I'm going back through my originals and optimizing sizes in Photo Shop "save for web" option. This will save lots of space on my hard drive. (Meanwhile I just "Disabled" catagories/items from my admin page).
    My remaining question came after moving my CACHE.
    The DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE configure.php for "includes and admin/includes" changed automatically when I used my CPanel file manager to move the CACHE file, but I can't figure out what/where the "Admin > Configuration > Sessions > Session Directory" is to check (per the docs\section 7 of Site Security Recommendation for Zen Cart(tm).)

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE only -
    My providers PHP handler stopped working the exact day I began my update (Murphy's law).
    I ended up installing a fresh 1.3.9b version, restoring/updating my database, applying my CSS and adding my templates with edits from my backups. The whole process only took an hour or two. Having followed the original instructions for template overrides and having regular backups of my files and database made the whole transition very smooth.
    Sorry about NOT following up with everyone sooner.
    Thanks to everyone at Zen-Cart!

Plugin Contributions

Go figure?!

Also, since you might have missed out a bit ... just a heads up that the current version of Zen Cart is v1.3.9h ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!