Plugin Contributions

Default [help] Central boxes header ? + other things

Hello !

I'm new in the Zen cart community and I'm really glad that you are here because you guys have already helped me once.

I'm customizing the template of my shop and I encountered issues for a couple of things :

- Where can I change the header of my central column boxes ?
    I really need to custom it in the code because I want my header to be round cornered, so I have to have a couple of new and images.

Is there any file which manage the hard for all the boxes or it's more specialized for each boxes ?

( actually I'm gonna have a the same question for the side boxes )

- I want one of my central box to show all my categories the same way you can show items ( like the Monthly Specials For May box for instance ) : a (square) image + a few words ( actually I won't need words )
    How can I do that ?

Thanks !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [help] Central boxes header ? + other things

[ sorry for the double post but this afternoon I was in a hurry and it was full of missing and wrong words ]

Hello !

I'm new in the Zen cart community and I'm really glad that you are here because you guys have already helped me once.

I'm customizing the template of my shop and I encountered issues for a couple of things :

- Where can I change the header of my central column boxes ?
    I really need to custom it in the code because I want my header to be round cornered, so I have to add a couple of new div and images.

Is there any file which manage the head for all the boxes or it's more specialized for each boxes ?

( actually I'm gonna have the same question for the side boxes )

- I want one of my central box to show all my categories the same way you can show items ( like the Monthly Specials For May box for instance ) : a (square) image + a few words ( actually I won't need words )
    How can I do that ?

Thanks !

Plugin Contributions

There is no need to "customize" core code files. The effect of rounded corners can be achieved using a background image and css declarations.

Take a look HERE for an example of how I achieve this.

You can easily see how I achieve this by looking at the stylesheets I use on the site. (To see the stylesheets and other analysis of the pages, you could use FireFox Browser with the Firebug plugin).

Basically, I create a BACKGROUND IMAGE for the sidebox and centerbox headings. The actual image has rounded corners.

Then, using appropriate style declarations, I render the image in a set position... eg:

Code:
    .centerBoxContentsFeatured, .centerBoxContentsNew {
    height:237px; 
    background-image: url(../images/featurebox.jpg); 
    background-repeat: no-repeat; 
    background-position: top center;
    }
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

schoolboy> Thanks for your answer.

First I did like you, with a background image but I wanted something more flexible.
    If I want to change the width of my column I have to change my background image as well.

What I try to do is to have one header with two corners (2 divs with 2 background) so you can easily change the width of your columns.

Do you have any hint for that ?

Plugin Contributions

That requires some big changes to several code files, and often forces you to use TABLES - which are deprecated (discontinued in HTML).

Once my site's widths are set, I don't change them (what's the point?) so I just use my technique for all sites that require rounded corners.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

schoolboy> Maybe I should do the easiest way, it'll avoid me too much headache .

I wanted to add round corner on the bottom of each boxes as well, I saw that you do the same on the website you showed me.

How did you do ? where did you set that ? because on the basic template there's no footer for the boxes, am I wrong ?

That requires some big changes to several code files, and often forces you to use TABLES - which are deprecated (discontinued in HTML).
    Can you list me the files I would need to change if I want to achieve my tricky round corner thing ?
    I just want to take a look to see if I will do this or stick to your solution.

Thank you !

Plugin Contributions

The technique for rounded corners at the bottom is the same... I just apply the technique to a different DIV.

I am afraid I am not in a position to provide lengthy tutorials or training on how to alter the code, in this instance.
    20 years a Zencart User