Plugin Contributions

Default How to install a zen cart template I purchased?

I just purchased a zen cart template from templatemonster.com, i installed zencart successfully but when I tried to install the template, it is not showing in the admin. I don't know is there any special procedure I supposed to do other than follow tips from templatemonster.com. Here is their tips:
    When you have the Zen Cart software installed, unpack the template package that you got from our website. Also unpack the "Sources_XXXXXXXX" directory.
    Note: For security reasons the directory ("Sources_XXXXXXXX") containing all the source files of the template is in a compressed (zipped) file and is password protected.
    As soon as the zip file begins to uncompress, you will be prompted to type in the password. The password is the ID number of your order.

There will be a folder named "themeXXX" (where "XXX" is a three digit number) inside the unpacked ZIP file. Place the files in their own directory ("themeXXX") in the "/includes/templates/" directory inside your Zen Cart installation. This will copy the theme files of the ZenCart template to your installation.

Note: You should update the tables of your Zen Cart installation database using a mysql dump file located at "\sources\dumps\zencart_short.sql" inside the unzipped template package. Contact your hosting company for assistance. This will not affect the configuration of your ZenCart installation, just overwrite MySQL rows (tables) that define the style of your ZenCart store.
    [/COLOR]

I followed everything except the note part. Is that the reason it is not showing in Admin?

Anyone can help a newbie please? Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to install a zen cart template I purchased?

What do you mean by the 'note part'. What part didn't you do?

I suspect you installed the files to the wrong place.

Plugin Contributions

I mean I haven't updated the tables of my Zen Cart installation database as they suggested, don't know it that's the reason? I checked and double checked I did install to the right directory...

Plugin Contributions

Hard to say. Template Monster does a lot of wacky things, which is why they aren't often recommended here.

Zencart looks in the home folder of each template for a file called 'template_info.php' and adds that template to the dropdown in admin if it finds one. That's why I suggested that you didn't upload the files to the right place.

Look in the includes/templates/themeXXX folder to see if template_info.php is there.

Plugin Contributions

yes it is there. the template required zen cart 1.3.8 only, but the download version now is 1.3.9. I asked monster if that is ok to have a later version they said was ok. don't know it that's the reason?

I also upload screenshots and sources_5WG6EyWTpj to includes/templates other than themexxx, did I do it wrong?

Plugin Contributions

/public_html/includes/templates/themeXXX/includes/templates/themeXXX/template_info.php

does this look like a right directory?

Plugin Contributions

If you purchased a template and are having problems with it, you need to talk to the people you got it from.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.