Plugin Contributions

Default Can't see products in subcategory

Hello,

This is my first time using Zen Cart and have been able to figure out most things except for why I can't view the products inside the subcategories. By the way, I'm using version 1.3.8a. I've looked in the FAQ section and did a site search and didn't see where this has been address before. In any event, if you go to http://securedbabies.com/index.php, click on the OUTDOOR category and then click on the DECK SHIELD subcategory, you'll just see a blank page. If you click on any of the other subcategories that do NOT have any products, you'll see that it just says that there are no products now. So, once I do add a product to a subcategory, the page becomes blank. If you click on the SAFETY SIGNS under OUTDOOR, it has the same issue.

The weird thing is that the HARNESSES subcategory under OUTDOOR seems to work fine. I compared these to see why one is working but the other 2 are not, I didn't see any differences. By the way, the status of these products are ON.

I have about 100 products to put in and don't want to do all of them only to have to redo them if I'm doing something wrong now. Thank you in advance for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't see products in subcategory

Try the utility mentioned here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

and post the results.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your quick reply. I followed the directions and below is what the latest log file contained:

[08-May-2010 15:20:59] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jwillett/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /home/jwillett/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

I don't know what this means....any ideas?

thanks

Plugin Contributions

A search on the Forum or in the FAQs for the warning message:
    Cannot modify header information

should give you quite a few answers to the cause of this common error on php files ...

Good news ... it only looks like doom and gloom ... you should be able to fix in in two seconds, once you read a thread or three about that error message ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I removed 2 empty spaces after the final end tag and it seems to work just fine now. Thanks for all your help!

Plugin Contributions

Good job! Thanks for the update that you had space(s) or blank line(s) after the closing php tag ?> of your file causing the blank white page ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!