Plugin Contributions

Default How to disable certain payment methods? (when Max Order Value exceeded)

My customer wants to offer Puchase Order as the only payment method when total order value exceeds £5000. I have used the Maximum Order module, which displays an error message “Your order value exceeds £5000…” and disables checkout.

How can I now in this instance
    1.) disable the other payment options (e.g. sagepay debit/credit card) and leave Purchase Order as the only available payment method when max order amount has been exceeded?

2.) enable the shopping cart in a more clever way other than commenting out the following line:
    ./includes/classes/observers/class.maximum_order_amount.php
    /* zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART)); */

Thank you – help much appreciated!
    Annika
    ps. Am originally a C/Java programmer so php is understandable to me but am not very inventive with it yet!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable certain payment methods? (when Max Order Value exceeded)

If you wanted to disable Check/Money Order moneyorder payment module, you could change it with:
    Code:
          $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);

global $cart;
    if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG && $_SESSION['cart']->show_total() >= 5000) {
      $this->enabled = false;
    }
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to disable certain payment methods? (when Max Order Value exceeded)

Fantastic, thanks Linda!! I will play try this later :-)

cheers,
    annika

Plugin Contributions

A slightly delayed thank you Linda - it worked for anyone else interested, I edited a sagepay file (of module for the credit card payment gateway) as follows:

./includes/modules/payment/sagepay_form.php

// $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_SAGEPAY_FORM_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    // REPLACE ABOVE LINE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
    // ***********************************************
    // ANNIKA disabling the card payment option when purchace order value exceeds £5000

if (!IS_ADMIN_FLAG && $_SESSION['cart']->show_total() >= 5000)
    {
    $this->enabled = false;
    } else {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_SAGEPAY_FORM_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }
    // ***********************************************

This forum (and Linda) is absolutely brilliant.

cheerio
    annika

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and glad that this did work for you to control when your Payment modules shows or does not show based on the order total ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello again Linda et.al. - a similar problem as above!

Have all the functions that I can extract values from $_SESSION['cart'] been documented somewhere?!

My customer would like to disable credit card payment method (sagepay) when no valid shipping zones available for the shipping address/destination, allowing only Purchase Order.

So similar as above, but now I would need to see *in pseudo code*:

if ($_SESSION['cart']->check_if_valid_shippingzones_function_of_some_kind() == false)) {
    // i.e. no valid shipping zones for this destination
    // disable credit card payment method
    $this->enabled = false;
    } else {
    $this->enabled = ((MODULE_PAYMENT_SAGEPAY_FORM_STATUS == 'True') ? true : false);
    }

Thanks!
    annika

Plugin Contributions

If there isn't a valid shipping method selected then you will never get to the checkout_payment ...

Can you clarify what happens when you do not have a valid shipping address and how you are getting to the checkout_payment?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Yes sorry, I also have always available the 'walk-in' i.e. 'storepickup' option (for all destinations & countries), and I have renamed it 'Arrange shipping after order', so that even when there are no valid shipping destinations, customer can go forward with this 'storepickup' and that's when only purchase order should be available for payment, no credit cards.

How about something along the lines of (this doesn't work though, not sure why?!):

includes/modules/payment/sagepay_form.php

// ANNIKA disabling the card payment option when chosen shipping method is "Arrange shipping after order"

if ($rates[$i]['module'] == 'storepickup')
    { $this->enabled = false;
    } else {
    }

// ANNIKA END

Thanks!
    annika