Plugin Contributions

help question Can i "sell" my products without actually charging credit cards?

Hello, I realize that this may sound a little crazy, but what i need to be able to do is
    allow my customers to place orders on items, without having to enter credit card information.

I deliver my clothing by hand, and accept cash payments in person.

To make it more clear:

- the customer chooses a shirt ($20.00)
    - selects the size
    -proceeds to check out
    - at this point i only need their address/phone info and, of course, their order, but NOT their credit card information.

I would really really appreciate any help with this. Thank you very much in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can i "sell" my products without actually charging credit cards?

I would think that you need some 'guarantee' of payment in advice for your effort. If the customer gives you credit card info at the time they order they are less likely to cancel when you're at their door trying to deliver.

There is a COD payment module included with v1.3.8a - not sure about v1.3.9.
    Doug

Plugin Contributions

You could use the check / mo payment module and just modify the wording of it ;)
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Plugin Contributions

Just switch on the COD payment module...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

If you want to sell your products without charging credit card, then I think that you should need some guarantee, But if you allow your customers to place orders on items, without entering the information, then you must put some security or some guarantee.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know of many web-shopkeepers who trust the unknown public to the extent where they would ship an order before money is safely in the bank.

The COD and check/moneyorder modules allow the checkout to complete WITHOUT a customer having to pay at the time of the order. The payment will come some other way - either a check, or a bank deposit, or even in a cleft stick by a little man in a loin cloth.

But while zencart is extremely clever, it is not clever enough to go into the warehouse, put the products in a box, glue it shut, stick on a waybill, call DHL, carry the box to the truck, wave goodbye... That is done by a person...

... so while you can still start the process of fulfilling an order that is not yet paid for, you would be irresponsible if you sent of the package BEFORE you were certain that it had been paid for.
    20 years a Zencart User