Plugin Contributions

help question No Add to cart qty box or button with attributes, using template #24418

Version 1.3.8, new installation, installed template, added Column Layout / Grid Layout.

Regular product selection works fine, but when a product has attributes, size & flavor, the Add to cart box does not contain the qty box or the "add this to my cart" button. This only occurs in template #24418, and not with the default Zen Cart template.

After changing multiple settings, the qty box and "add to my cart" button appeared with the attribute products, and we were actually making purchases. Then, after adding more products, and changing settings, they have disappeared again.

See screen shots, attached.

URL: http://www.lonestarpopcorn.com/zencart
    (Popcorn products have attributes. Mother's Day products do not.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	has-NO-add-button.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	7495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	has-add-button.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	7496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	has-add-button-2.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	7497  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Add to cart qty box or button with attributes, using template #24418

Quote Originally Posted by srlaird View Post
    This only occurs in template #24418, and not with the default Zen Cart template.
    Template Monster template......not community contributed. Have you asked them about it?

Quote Originally Posted by srlaird View Post
    After changing multiple settings, the qty box and "add to my cart" button appeared with the attribute products, and we were actually making purchases. Then, after adding more products, and changing settings, they have disappeared again.

What are the settings that you changed? You had it working......changed settings.........????
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: No Add to cart qty box or button with attributes, using template #24418

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    Template Monster template......not community contributed. Have you asked them about it?

What are the settings that you changed? You had it working......changed settings.........????

Thanks for your reply. I submitted ticket to them, but am hoping for response from experienced Zenner who can help me figure out which cart settings might affect the div id="cartAdd". It is populated with the two form inputs when the default template is selected. When the Monster (good name for it now) template is selected, the div is empty, so no qty box or add to cart button is displayed, and the item can't be ordered.

When I first installed the template, the add to cart box did not appear for items with options/attributes. Regular items were no problem to purchase. I changed several settings, and the div contents appeared. No idea which ones caused it to work. We were testing/buying products - no problem, then added 3 new products with attributes and changed a few settings. We are back to not having the add to cart button again.

I have spent 2 days, changed nearly every setting. I have learned a lot, but still can't get the add to cart button back for the attributed products.

Plugin Contributions

I really appreciate all the information available on this board, and the friendly folks here.

My issue is solved, and here is what I learned. The products that were added that had no "add to cart" button would not change, no matter what I did to the cart settings. The button was just not there.

The most important setting for this issue turned out to be: Product Listing -> Display Product -> Add to cart button. The solution is to set it to 0 (off), which is not what I would have expected. But that's what worked.

Once that setting was changed, when creating new products, the "add to cart" button was there, even when adding attributes.

Plugin Contributions

Also very important: if a product did not have a description, there would be no add to cart button.

For a blank description, a   would work.