Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v1.3.9c] FCKeditor shows raw HTML markup in product descriptions with v1.3.9b

cant seem to get an editor to work in 1.3.9b.....

tried the fck editor and the modual loads in but the text area still displayes the html even with souce off... tired installing the ck editor and this wont load... pages load till the text area and stop.

Plugin Contributions

Default FCKeditor shows raw HTML markup in product descriptions with v1.3.9b

Im getting the same issue with the latest version of FCK (off the free add-ons).

After an upgrade to 1.3.9b...

Initial Content in the database:
    Code:
    <b>Heading</b>
    <br />
    Descriptive text goes here.
    FCK seems not to be stripping the html tags and replacing them with html ccharacter codes, so when I RE-OPEN in Plain Text editor mode, I see the content as:
    Code:
    &lt;b&gt;Heading&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;br /&gt;
    ... So when this shows in a BROWSER, it looks like base HTML !

Removed FCK...

... and now HTMLArea has died completely too..

Tried a re-install of HTMLArea (out of 1.3.9b package). Also, checked relevant files in Admin relating to the editors.

No luck...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.9b editor errors

i also face same problem, can anyone help me.
    tried the fck editor and the modual loads in but the text area still displayes the html even with souce off.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FCKeditor shows raw HTML markup in product descriptions with v1.3.9b

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Im getting the same issue with the latest version of FCK (off the free add-ons).

After an upgrade to 1.3.9b...

Initial Content in the database:
    Code:
    <b>Heading</b>
    <br />
    FCK seems not to be stripping the html tags and replacing them with html ccharacter codes, so when I RE-OPEN in Plain Text editor mode, I see the content as:
    Code:
    &lt;b&gt;Heading&lt;/b&gt;
    &lt;br /&gt;
    ... So when this shows in a BROWSER, it looks like base HTML !

Removed FCK...

... and now HTMLArea has died completely too..

Tried a re-install of HTMLArea (out of 1.3.9b package). Also, checked relevant files in Admin relating to the editors.

No luck...
    Edit /admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php
    On line 404 you'll see this:
    Code:
                    $oFCKeditor->Value = (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? htmlspecialchars($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : htmlspecialchars(zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])) ;
    replace it with this:
    Code:
                    $oFCKeditor->Value = (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);
    If using other product-types as well, repeat for those similarly.

Unfortunately, you'll have to clean up any damaged HTML by hand. The editor will not do it for you.

This fix will be included in v1.3.9c

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: FCKeditor shows raw HTML markup in product descriptions with v1.3.9b

Thanks doc...
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Done v1.3.9c] FCKeditor shows raw HTML markup in product descriptions with v1.3.

Html problem is also occurring on editing EZ pages with FCKeditor 2.6.4.1 on zcart 1.3.9c. Suspect there is a similar fix

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [Done v1.3.9c] FCKeditor shows raw HTML markup in product descriptions with v1.3.

Hi,

I'm also having this problem when editing ezpages on 1.3.9e. It shows the code in the editing box.

I know there was a fix for this somewhere on the forum, I encountered the same issue with 1.3.9a but found the fix here somewhere!

Today I've read every post about ezpages and fckeditors (all versions) but can't find it, boohoo!!

Please help!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If fckeditor is that critical to your needs, then make the same type of edit to the ezpages script as was posted above for products.

CKEditor is more contemporary and is recommended far more highly than fckeditor.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, I kind of figured so but couldn't find where to edit it. Your reply somehow reminded me to use the developers toolkit to find it, I'm forever forgetting that fab tool teehee!

Anyway for anyone else that's interested I edited admin/ezpages.php:

Changed line 434 from
    PHP Code:
    $oFCKeditor->Value htmlspecialchars($ezInfo->pages_html_text); 
    To
    PHP Code:
    $oFCKeditor->Value $ezInfo->pages_html_text
    And now it works fine in EZPages again.

Plugin Contributions

worked for me too, with v1.3.9f and fck file editor__fckeditor_plugin_2-6-4-1.zip

thanks.