Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Editing the "Customer Authorization" page

Guys

I have managed to edit the customer_authorization.php file to change the text on the customer authorization page (see below).

However I would also like to remove the continue button (as this serves no purpose when the account needs to be authorized, other than reloading the page) and remove the picture.

Could someone please also confirm if the sideboxes should be visable on this page if a customer needs to be authorized to browse?

I would like all the side boxes removing on this page as customers who are not authorized should not be able to see our products.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by shalesey; 12 May 2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: bad link to pic

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing the "Customer Authorization" page

shalesey...

Please DO NOT re-post the same requests twice.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154834

As i pointed out in your other thread, your site is being reported as SUSPICIOUS.

Advice to others... DO NOT follow the link shown. Ths site is reported as DANGEROUS.

shalesey... Fix this issue first.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    shalesey...

Please DO NOT re-post the same requests twice.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154834

As i pointed out in your other thread, your site is being reported as SUSPICIOUS.

Advice to others... DO NOT follow the link shown. Ths site is reported as DANGEROUS.

shalesey... Fix this issue first.
    This is not the same request, it is a different one. Also see response to your last post. This site is not malicious. If you use IE it works fine. The phshing report in "mozilla fireforx" and only mozilla firefox has determined my site is malicious because code kept changing as I was browsing.

The reason this happened is because I was the one changing the code then checking it in firefox.

AS ALREADY POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD, I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING INTO THIS MOZILLA PROBLEM THAT IS WIDELY DISCUSSED AS AN ISSUE ON THE INTERNET.

So unless you have something productive to add to my threads, please stop replying.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewto...p?f=7&t=722545
    Last edited by shalesey; 12 May 2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Link added so you can understand the issue

Plugin Contributions

Let's step back from this and look again.

IE is the only browser that I can find that allows this site to be viewed.

Firefox reports it as "Web Forgery"; Google Chrome as a "Suspected Phishing site"; and Opera as a potential fraud.

Why?Well I suspect nothing more sinister than that you're using a development URL and redirecting visitors immediately to the create account page where they're asked to enter personal information.

This is a classic phishing tactic. So is your site unsafe? I don't believe so. There is no evidence of malware. But I do understand why it appears dangerous to all but the least secure browser and to other security software.
    Last edited by kuroi; 12 May 2010 at 11:05 AM.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kuroi

That explanation is helpful.

shalesey... My apologies for what now appears to have been an over-reaction on my part.

As a recent victim of online fraud (quite a serious one), I am very jittery about this subject.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Let's step back from this and look again.

IE is the only browser that I can find that allows this site to be viewed.

Firefox reports it as "Web Forgery"; Google Chrome as a "Suspected Phishing site"; and Opera as a potential fraud.

Why?Well I suspect nothing more sinister than that you're using a development URL and redirecting visitors immediately to the create account page where they're asked to enter personal information.

This is a classic phishing tactic. So is your site unsafe? I don't believe so. There is no evidence of malware. But I do understand why it appears dangerous to all but the least secure browser and to other security software.
    I've sent the form to google twice now advising the site is not a phishing site but they aren't the quickest at removing them.

I would really like to get my threads back on track now please.

Plugin Contributions

To remove the button you would edit the template for that page.

To remove the sidebars, take a look at the comments in the header of the common/tpl_main_page.php template. There's a detailed explanation and examples in there.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    To remove the button you would edit the template for that page.

To remove the sidebars, take a look at the comments in the header of the common/tpl_main_page.php template. There's a detailed explanation and examples in there.
    Any ideas which template it is? As discussed there are no references in the customer_authorization.php file.

In terms of the sidboxes, just to be clear, I only want them removing from this page. They are meant to be on all the other pages of my site. It seems a bit strange to me that they would be shown on this page when the customer should not be able to view the site.

Any help appreciated.

I also looked at the detailed explanation you referred to, it doesn't really make any sense to me. I have never coded php in my life, if you could just give me a little explanation of how to remove the sidboxes from specific pages that would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by shalesey; 12 May 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Anybody got any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

The page is the account status page, so it's the template for that page.

In respect of suppressing the sideboxes for that page. I'm afraid I can't think of a way to make it any clearer than the explanation and examples that you have already read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast