Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Credit Card Module

I've just installed V1.3.9b on my hosts server and got through the installation pretty painlessly, but I'm now going through the motions of setting up the store using the zen cart manual I bought. I'm at the payment module stage, and would like to set up credit cards payments, however, in the

"modules/payment"

section of the admin section, no credit card module is shown anywhere for "installation" or "enabling". It's missing altogether.

Looking through the FAQ and Forum, I see reference to a cc.php file, but when I look within the folders and files of the includes/modules/payment, there is no cc.php. There is a .php file for every other payment module that appears in the "modules/payment" section of the admin however.

Obviously, when I try and buy a test product from the store, the credit card payment option, does not appear - only the "check/money order" which I have "enabled"

The following info may help also;

MySQL version 5.0.90-community
    Apache version 2.2.11
    PHP version 5.2.8

Help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Credit Card Module

There's an addon in the downloads area.
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Firstly, thanks for your awesomely quick reply.

I've been looking through the Zen Cart website in the downloads area and I can't find just a generic credit card module - they all relate to specific issuer credit cards like "Flow2Cash" and "gotobilling".

Am I looking in the right area?

Plugin Contributions

Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

That's great, thanks heaps. What if I want real time credit card processing though?

Plugin Contributions

realtime CC processing is there,
    you can use either linkpoint or authorize.net
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Thanks also for that.

I'm trying to perform the installation of the "Offline" credit card payment that I downloaded from

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1277

I'm following and carrying out the instructions as listed, but I'm no programmer (at all) and while I'm able to access "myphpadmin" from my personal control panel within my hosts server, I can't for the life of me work out how to "run" the script mentioned in the downloaded file.

Trying to decipher the accompanying manuals on scripting is like trying to learn a foreign language, so I'm actually stuck. Anyone with ideas?

I'm also intrigued as to why the credit card payment module isn't included by default with the current version of zen-cart. A couple of years ago when I was tinkering with this software, I'm sure it was included as I never had this problem before. Curious?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by con.andrews View Post
    I'm also intrigued as to why the credit card payment module isn't included by default with the current version of zen-cart. A couple of years ago when I was tinkering with this software, I'm sure it was included as I never had this problem before.
    The "Offline Credit Card module", which emails partial credit card numbers, is considered non-compliant with PCI standards/requirements to which all online merchants are being required to adhere.
    The module was removed so as to not give you the ability to easily shoot yourself in the foot. It was done for your protection.
    And also because too many people just assumed that they could just accept cards without first getting a merchant account, etc. So, removing the module also removes a layer of confusion.

You really should be processing cards via a live gateway anyway. Modules to do that are built-in, and other 3rd-party-contributed modules are available in the Free Addons area.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.