Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default I REALLY don't want to upgrade to 1.3.9b yet but...

My store is working flawlessly so I do NOT want to mess with it, but my hosting company says I have to upgrade or my store won't work in the near future....I know that I am in for many hours of tweaking to get this to work but I guess I have no choice. I really can't afford to pay someone to do this upgrade but it sure does look COMPLICATED so I may have to.

I tried to do an upgrade but got stuck when it said to restore the database from the old store database into the new store database. How am I supposed to do that? I see no "restore" option in MySQL on my site control panel or anywhere in the Admin section on Zen Cart. I also can't find the database backup mod I have installed on my old store to try to install it in 3.9b. (see below).

So how the heck do I "restore" that old database into the new blank database?

-------------------------------
    Now on to Mods……….

Here is a list of mods I want to include in the new install not in order of preference.

1 – Super Orders – I want some method of changing orders after they have been completed, as in deleting items, adding items, changing prices, changing ship to address, customer email etc. - I would like to be able to change as much as possible in an existing order -- what is the best mod that is 3.9b compatible? Super Orders? or?

1a - Is there some sort of order tracking module that is easier to deal with than the "status" options. Basically a “to do” list for all orders with various options like “payment received, shipped, backordered, ready to ship, customer returning item – I would like to see all options available for any order rather than only being able to assign one kind of status to an order. Is there such a mod?

2 - Database Backup - I have one installed in 1.3.8 (Database Backup Manager - MySQL) but can't find it anymore in the downloads. Is it no longer available? What is available that works with 3.9b?

3 - Easy Populate CSV - Hopefully that will work in 3.9b – Is it OK to install or is there something better out there? I prefer to use CSV format from a spread sheet to other types of delimited text files.

4 - Image Handler2 or something like it for multiple pix / item - is Image Handler 2 OK to install?

5 – Cost of Goods – Is there a cost of goods / profit calculating module out there that will work with 3.9b? Something that allows you to input the cost of an item when you add it as inventory then track the gross profit when it sells….?

6 – Admin Order Section – Where the admin can enter an order for a customer on the phone without having to log in as a customer.

7 – Some way to use a real inventory item as an option on another inventory item, or if that is impossible, a better way to manage options as inventory with the same kind of reporting as in regular inventory items. Any such beast? I want to track options just like inventory but they need to be tied to certain other inventory items…..

Ok that’s it for now. Thanks in advance for any help. I have spend HOURS looking through the forum and have pretty much just gotten a headache.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I REALLY don't want to upgrade to 1.3.9b but...

Quote Originally Posted by LRS View Post
    My store is working flawlessly so I do NOT want to mess with it, but my hosting company says I have to upgrade or my store won't work in the near future. ...
    Why did they say that? Are they making a change that will cause an older site to stop working?

What Zen Cart version is your existing store? Have you applied all security patches to it?

Rob

Plugin Contributions

If they are changing to PHP5.3, a ZC v1.3.8a site will throw errors. There are fixes for that available in the forum, if you don't want to upgrade right now. You will eventually want to upgrade for the enhanced security and stability of v1.3.9.

Plugin Contributions

It is more of an "eventually you will have to upgrade" so I figured I should start working on it now....

So how about some info / suggestions on those add ons / mods so I can get them working before the "have to" upgrade point arrives?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

"I tried to do an upgrade but got stuck when it said to restore the database from the old store database into the new store database."

How, exactly, did you do the upgrade?

Have you created a test dir. where you have a duplicate of your site connected to a duplicate but separate database, for upgrade testing?

Plugin Contributions

Most of the mods will probably be upgraded by their authors or someone else in the near future. Some of the most complex ones will probably take longer. You shouldn't have to worry about doing this yourself except in unusual circumstances.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to find the MySQL database backup / restore module and install it and restore the database and updated it to 3.9x. The store seems to be working fine other than I can't get the FedEx shipping module to work.

Does the Numinix FedEx module work with 3.9 or will I have to wait until it is tweaked? (All we offer is FedEx)

I used the same information as found in the old store but I get a message saying the following when trying to check out, with or without the store in maintenance mode:

No Rates Returned, :

In debug mode I got the following:
    Data sent to Fedex for Rating:

Array
    (
    [0] => 25
    [10] => **ACCT #**
    [498] => **Meter ID**
    [8] => **STATE**
    [9] => **ZIP**
    [117] => US
    [17] => **ZIP**
    [16] => **STATE**
    [50] => US
    [75] => LBS
    [1116] => I
    [1401] => 6.0
    [116] => 1
    [1529] => 1
    [440] => N
    [1273] => 01
    [1333] => 2
    [99] =>
    )

Data returned from Fedex for Rating:

Array
    (
    [0] => 125
    [1133] => 2
    [2399-1] => 0
    [1273-1] => 01
    [1274-1] => 90
    [1090-1] => USD
    [431-1] => N
    [1402-1] => 6.0
    [1416-1] => 5.53
    [1417-1] => 5.50
    [1418-1] => 0.00
    [1419-1] => 11.03
    [3058-1] => 1
    [1992-1] => 0.00
    [2399-2] => 0
    [1273-2] => 01
    [1274-2] => 92
    [1090-2] => USD
    [431-2] => N
    [1402-2] => 6.0
    [1416-2] => 5.53
    [1417-2] => 2.08
    [1418-2] => 0.00
    [1419-2] => 7.61
    [3058-2] => 1
    [1992-2] => 0.00
    [99] =>
    )

Plugin Contributions

There is a thread where 1.3.9 mod testing is being reported:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=152679&page=6

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I REALLY don't want to upgrade to 1.3.9b yet but...

After the upgrade, you're supposed to uninstall, then re-install all your payment, shipping and order total modules (of course, copy down your settings first). Try that for the FedEx problem if you haven't already.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I REALLY don't want to upgrade to 1.3.9b yet but...

Quote Originally Posted by slomojojo View Post
    After the upgrade, you're supposed to uninstall, then re-install all your payment, shipping and order total modules (of course, copy down your settings first). Try that for the FedEx problem if you haven't already.
    I figured since it was not installed when the upgrade was done, that didn't apply, but sure enough, that was the problem.

I first removed it then reinstalled it but that didn't fix it, so I then copied the module files over again, uninstalled / reinstalled and that got it working.

It looks like you need to do that for EVERY new shipping / payment (maybe others?) module you install. If the instructions for an upgrade say to do that with newly installed modules --- I didn't see it.

I had problems with some other shipping / payment modules that were added after the upgrade once I got past the FedEx module but so far I did not have to remove / upload files / install / remove / install for any of them. Simply a remove / install process fixed them. I am guessing that maybe a file was corrupted in the FedEx module thus requiring a new file upload to get it to fly.

Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast