Plugin Contributions

Default Customer cannot proceed after entering address details on PayPal site

A very weird problem happening with the PayPal IPN module.

CASE 1 : Customers who have PayPal account. These people create an account on the website.At the Paypal payment page, the login to their PayPal accounts. Pay and can successfully complete their order.

When i see the order in my admin, the address where i need to ship is visible of the address i used while signing up on the store.However, i paid using a PayPal account with a different address. This means that if you pay via a paypal account, PayPal will not check the address,city,pincode,etc which is retrieved from the zencart store to PayPal.

CASE 2 : Non-PayPal account holders pay via the credit card. THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM ARISES. Somehow, even after entering correct data in the Credit card fields, the address, phone number all with correct spellings, the customer cannot proceed !

I tested with all the possible scenarios.Even my customers tested it using their credit cards and addresses. However, the order using the credit card method doesnt work.

And this makes almost 70 % of the sales.

Please suggest solutions or how to proceeed?

Is this an error in Zencart, Zencart & PayPal Integration or just PayPal?

Thanks in advance.
    Chetan Laddha

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.3.8a paypal ipn

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chetanladdha View Post
    CASE 2 : Non-PayPal account holders pay via the credit card. THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM ARISES. Somehow, even after entering correct data in the Credit card fields, the address, phone number all with correct spellings, the customer cannot proceed !
    If you're talking about a problem occurring on the PayPal site, then you'll need to log a ticket with them: www.paypal.com/mts

Additionally, you didn't mention which version of Zen Cart you're using. Every new version of Zen Cart has many improvements over the previous one. For example, in v1.3.9 several updates were done to the way data is sent from the store to PayPal, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr.Byte

My ZC version is 1.3.8a

Do u suggest upgrading to 1.3.9 ?
    Can there be inconsistenices if i upgrade to 1.3.8a ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

My ZC version is 1.3.8a

Do u suggest upgrading to 1.3.9 ?
    I'll always suggest upgrading to the latest Zen Cart version.
    Can there be inconsistenices if i upgrade to 1.3.8a ?
    I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer cannot proceed after entering address details on PayPal site

I am with DrByte all the way: upgrade at your earliest and you should notice that your PayPal transactions go through in a breeze.

I am running 3 stores: 1.3.7.1 , 1.3.8a and 1.3.9b. The latter works an absolute treat. The 1.3.8a store has issues with PP EC and the 1.3.7.1 store is a bit sluggish in processing orders via PayPal. These two have not been upgraded yet as I am in the process of combining their content under a new 1.3.9b.

Upgrading is the way to go.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer cannot proceed after entering address details on PayPal site

@ Dr.Byte : Sorry for the typo error.
    What i meant to ask was that are there possibilities of inconsistencies happening when i upgrade to 1.3.9 from 1.3.8 like loss of Database , files ,etc.

Have never done an upgrade so i am curios as to how the task would be ?

@ frank 18 : Do you meant say that the PP Express checkout method is now solved in 1.3.9 ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What i meant to ask was that are there possibilities of inconsistencies happening when i upgrade to 1.3.9 from 1.3.8 like loss of Database , files ,etc.

Have never done an upgrade so i am curios as to how the task would be ?
    The potential of data loss is minimal if you follow the provided instructions, which are included in the /docs/ folder of your Zen Cart zip file.
    Here's a summary article: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=98 ... be sure to follow the links inside the article to the detailed steps which help you set up a test-copy of your site to test your upgrade and iron out any potential issues before you repeat it on your live site.