Plugin Contributions

Can I set a discount for 9 select items which are only redeemable with a coupon code?

I would like to have a discount for 9 select items in the store and have it only redeemable with a coupon code.

I see that it is quite easy to set up a coupon code for the entire store - or that you can do a discount in general without any necessity for a code.

Is there anyway to accomplish the customer being able to get the discount for these select items with a coupon code only?

Thank you!

Regards,

Colema
    http://www.colema.com/store/retail

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I set a discount for 9 select items which are only redeemable with a coupon c

Use the "restrictions" button when setting up your coupon. You can restrict to certain products (or categories) only.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I set a discount for 9 select items which are only redeemable with a coupon c

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Use the "restrictions" button when setting up your coupon. You can restrict to certain products (or categories) only.
    I'm not seeing any restrictions settings that would allow for this. Are you talking about Discount Coupons or Salemaker or another application?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Add your coupon under admin->gift certificates->coupon admin. Then you'll see the coupon and to the right, a box of buttons. Bottom left one says "restrictions."
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Add your coupon under admin->gift certificates->coupon admin. Then you'll see the coupon and to the right, a box of buttons. Bottom left one says "restrictions."
    Wow - Who knew! I've been working with these carts for years and never noticed - Thanks Scott!

Plugin Contributions

When I looked before, I thought I could only do this with categories - not specific products. I will look again!

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

It did work! Thank you so much!

Regards,
    Colema

Plugin Contributions

I was looking for this same answer, but when I go to the Coupon Admin, I have a pull-down menu for Zone Restrictions and no other restrictions options. Is the solution you describe only for the latest version of Zen? I'm still on 1.3.7 (I know, I need to upgrade!)
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten
    https://www.sambu-kyugu.com

Plugin Contributions

If I understand this correctly, you can deny the coupon for all product categories, and then allow it for a specific category. This will allow a % discount coupon to be applied only for a specific product category.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, I didn't realize at first that I could set the restrictions after creating the coupon. I've got it now, thank you!
    Carly
    Sambu Kyuguten
    https://www.sambu-kyugu.com