Plugin Contributions

Default For those of you worried about multiple currencies..

Just thought id share this, im sure many people are already aware of it.

We recently started shipping internationally and we've added a bunch of currencies to our store.

At first, I was really worried about the bookkeeping and trying to keep track of the exchange rate and so on.

But its worth noting that Zen Cart stores the order amount in the database in your default currency. If you view the order, it will be in whatever currency the customer placed it in. But if you delve into the db (with phpMyAdmin for example) you can see the order in your own currency.

This was a lifesaver for us as we use the QB Sync module to dump the days orders into Quickbooks. Im glad to say that having multiple currencies hasnt messed with that.

Interestingly too, our payment gateway will accept any currency at all and then convert it into our own currency for settling. I realise this isnt perfect for the customer, (and we have messages on our website to advise them they are ultimately billed in Australian dollars when using credit card.) but so far, no complaints.

If you need help with the ISO code for a currency and the amount of decimal places required, I found this link helpful; londonfx.co.uk/ccylist.html

Cheers,

Scott.

P.S. Did I mention that Zen Cart rocks?
    Last edited by Kim; 16 May 2010 at 04:15 PM.
    Donation made. Enjoy those donuts! :-)