Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Question about Debug logging error on 1.3.9b

Does the debug error logging on 1.3.9b only function if the error has to do with core zen cart files? Meaning if I have a third party module that does not over write any core files, would it still show an error?

I have a problem right now with a third party module and the page goes blank but no debug error is logged.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Debug logging error on 1.3.9b

Quote Originally Posted by Decostyle View Post
    Does the debug error logging on 1.3.9b only function if the error has to do with core zen cart files? Meaning if I have a third party module that does not over write any core files, would it still show an error?

I have a problem right now with a third party module and the page goes blank but no debug error is logged.
    I wrote my own module which had a small bug in it. There were thousands of those myDEBUG logs as a result.. so I don't think it has anything to do with core files.

Anthony

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Debug logging error on 1.3.9b

It logs PHP errors/warnings, as long as they occur as part of loading something from inside your Zen Cart site. That includes most addons.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about Debug logging error on 1.3.9b

Hi Dr. Byte,

Any theories why an error occurs, (blank page) and it is not logged in cache?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about Debug logging error on 1.3.9b

Either it's something that's not running from within Zen Cart ... ie: never loads application_top ... or you've broken something before application_top and all the auto-loaders, init-system, and observers even get a chance to load.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.