Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Customer details lost afetr upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9b

I upgraded yesterday to 1.3.9b (and today to 1.3.9c !) and have noticed that the customer details have vanished. The orders are ok, names, addresses emails etc. but returning customers details have disappeared ! How can I retrieve the details from the old database (and without deleting new customers details) ?
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer details lost afetr upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9b

This is weird, I've looked in the database and the "customers" and "address_book" tables show the customers details. But they aren't being picked up by the back office. Why ?
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer details lost after upgrade from 1.3.8a to 1.3.9b

I should perhaps be more specific. When in Admin > Customers > Customers, I get the list of the customers but if I click on "edit" of a particular one, all the fields are empty. However, customers added since the upgrade have all their fields filled in. I hope this will help someone to identify the problem.

I had a call from a returning customer this morning who couldn't order because according to the database, he lives in the Aaland Islands (!) so I told him to create a new account, which he couldn't because his email address already existed in the database. So the info is there, its just not getting as far as my store !
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What was your upgrade process?
    ie: what have you done since the time when it worked vs when it suddenly no longer worked as expected.

It sounds like you've done something to damage the database somehow, but without knowing what you've done to get to where you're at, its hard to help you sort it out.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    What was your upgrade process?
    ie: what have you done since the time when it worked vs when it suddenly no longer worked as expected.

It sounds like you've done something to damage the database somehow, but without knowing what you've done to get to where you're at, its hard to help you sort it out.
    I simply followed the upgrade instructions : created a new database, copied the old database into the new one and then used the update option in zc_install. I only noticed the customer details were empty this morning after the upgrade to 1.3.9c (I didn't look after the upgrade to 1.3.9b yesterday). Should I create a new database and reinstall from 1.3.8a ? If so, how to recover new orders and customers ?

The customer details are still there - if I login to my test account and click on "my account", my address, email etc. are still there. But if I attempt to place a new order, its as if the store had no info, apart from the fact that I apparently live in the Aaland Islands !
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Check your database tables to be sure they all contain valid data, esp the address_book, customers, and customers_info tables.
    Maybe your database copying process damaged something.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Check your database tables to be sure they all contain valid data, esp the address_book, customers, and customers_info tables.
    Maybe your database copying process damaged something.
    All 3 tables contain valid data - I've compared the old base to the new one and the info both contain appears to be the same.
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Plugin Contributions

I should add that I used PHPMyAdmin to create a new database and then to copy the data from the existing database into it. Now, looking at the two db, I see the old one's size is 8.64 MB whereas the new one's is only 3.86 MB !
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sounds like maybe you missed something. I suggest you dump both and compare them.

Plugin Contributions

I should add that I used PHPMyAdmin to create a new database and then to copy the data from the existing database into it. Now, looking at the two db, I see the old one's size is 8.64 MB whereas the new one's is only 3.86 MB !
    Pete
    zc 1.3.9h
    www.gardenserre.fr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast