Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customers unable to login after upgradeing to 1.3.9c

Customers log in didn't work after upgrade to 1.3.9.c in any of the browsers I tested--Firefox, IE and Chrome, I changed the recreation session to false and now log in works on all browsers

Might be the wrong fix but it works and at least customers can log in now!

Plugin Contributions

I also had this problem when using FF. Did not try other browsers. Changed the recreate session to false and now it works.
    ADMIN -> Configuration -> Sessions -> Recreate Session = False

Have we received official word from Zen-cart as to the reason for this issue and if there is a fix that does not require the recreate session patch?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Customers log in didn't work after upgrade to 1.3.9.c in any of the browsers I tested--Firefox, IE and Chrome, I changed the recreation session to false and now log in works on all browsers
    Which version were you upgrading from ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Also are you running on a shared SSL server where your https domain is different from your http domain.

Plugin Contributions

I rolled back my init_sessions to the 1.3.9b code, and all seems to work again.

In my case, my https domain is the same domain but without the "www"

Plugin Contributions

I am reading about the login problem after upgrading to the new version. The strange thing is, I am still using version 1.3.7 and experience almost exactly the same problems.
    I am pulling out my hairs, because I'm not able to solve the problem.

Two things have happened, I installed a new template, after testing it for several months and not finding any (login)problems and our provider moved us to another server, going from PHP4.1 to 5.3. Also there I found no problems.

I installed an exact copy of the shop with the new template on www.plaza33.com/shop2 made it work, renamed the working shop www.plaza33.com/shop to www.plaza33.com/shop1 and renamed the www.plaza33.com/shop2 to www.plaza33.com/shop then adjusted all info in the configs to point to the right directories. All seemed to work fine until the existing customers started complaining.

Orders were decreasing and we did not understand it. Then we found that new customers had no problems placing an order with or without account (COWOA), but many existing customers were either unable to log in or they can log in, but when they want to pay they are redirected to the log in page. No error messages.

Other existing customers are able to log in and buy without problems. When I log in as a customer, no problems at all. Some use firefox, many use IE7 and IE8. No common grounds to be found for the problems.

Setting recreate sessions to off makes no difference, emptying browser cache does nothing, but using another browser than before does seem to get around the problem.

What does seem to help is that I log in as the customer on my PC and log out again, some of them experience no problems logging in after that.

When I think I solved it, a few hours later the next customer emails "I can't log in......".

I am really freaking out.....

I can not test it, because what ever I do, on all our PC's, I get no errors myself. I have to rely on what the customers tell me.

Does anyone have a clue what I can do? Upgrading is no (easy) option, because I have built and implemented a complete purchase order- and stock management system and integrated it with the shop.

Frank.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345