Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default using my own web template

Ok...sorry if i am sounding rude but if your going to come here and tell me i just have to use zen-cart template, dont bother posting, this is my website not yours and I want it to look the way I want it to be as describe below

I designed my website already myself but I just need a few small things done, sorry if they are not explained clearly but trying my best

where do i start by doing this, if you want money to do the work, my budget is $50

So here is my website what i want the shop to look: none images work or links
    http://sunkissed.comli.com/Html/Shop.html

and here is a free shopping cart system creating by zen-cart that I am using:
    http://sunkissed.comli.com/shop/inde...=index&cPath=1

I want to take zen-cart and intergrate it into my website template because I do not like zen-cart template at all I want to use my own, if you got aim, msn, or yahoo messenger that would be nice than we can talk more about it on there, and if you can teach me how to do it myself that will be nice as well

thanks
    Last edited by hangman21; 20 May 2010 at 01:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: using my own web template

If you are willing to put the work into it, Zen Cart can be styled in a variety of ways. The look you want - or something similar - is possible. There are FREE templates available for Zen Cart that you can use as a starting point. You can see them in action at http://(sorry, site offline)/. Simply use the pulldown menu to change templates. When you see something that appeals to you, download it and install it on your site. After that, you can begin modifying it to your liking.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

The short answer is that you can't do what you are asking for. A highly skilled web developer could integrate Zen Cart's functions into another PHP structure (but not a flat HTML structure), but $50 is a tiny fraction of the cost that would entail.

You don't need to give up your design vision, you need to modify the Zen Cart template to match it. As Afo said, this is quite possible though not simple for your concept. You first need to learn how ZC works so that you know what to modify.

Plugin Contributions

nope sorry, i dont want to use a zen-cart template, i already taken a look at them and they look like crap to be honest

i want to use my website not zen-cart website, i just need the shopping cart feature thats all, no other thing

Plugin Contributions

Making ZC look like your example wouldn't be too hard.

Consider spending your $50 on some books and prepare to roll your sleeves up and get dirty.

Someplace (perhaps on this very forum) you can find lots of help to get going.

Plugin Contributions

Also take a look at these Zencart sites, most of which look every bit as nice as yours:

http://(sorry, site offline)/site/hoff.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hangman21 View Post
    nope sorry, i dont want to use a zen-cart template, i already taken a look at them and they look like crap to be honest.
    The "generic" template embedded within zencart is designed to show newbies EXACTLY how the software is configured and how each key area of the common template functions.

The variety possible within this core framework is virtually limitless. You are restricted only by your level of skill and knowledge.

One thing is for absolute certain... you will NEVER be able to replicate the dynamic functionality of a CM system in an flat HTML environment. You will spend 48 hours out of every 24 building "pages" and trying to get things to work.

By the way... one of the most COMMERCIALLY SUCCESSFUL sites I have built (turns over more than £1 million every year) uses the "crap zencart template".
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is not designed to be used the way you describe. It's neither "just a shopping cart" nor a backend for a website.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

In response to your question, I don't have time to give private lessons on how Zen Cart works or how you would adapt its template sustem. There is plenty of information in the tutorials and the wiki, and I and others will answer specific questions in the forum if you can't find what you need there.
    I don't "insist" you use the Zen Cart template; that's just the way it is. If you want Zen Cart's functionality, you need to work with its templating system. You might look at the ############## Easy Embed template. I don't know any details about it, but it may help you.
    Last edited by gjh42; 20 May 2010 at 02:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I am not gonna be like everyone else and tell you "it can't be done" as I have seen it done. It does take A LOT of PHP coding and a good understanding of how zen works - but here is a site that uses zen ONLY for checkout. Not one single page that you see before add to cart is a zen page. and it works just fine.
    http://www.302designs.com

I WILL tell you that no one is gonna do it for you for $50 and very few are gonna help you do this for free. Zen CAN be designed in any way you want if you know CSS and are willing to work with it. I have worked on the 302 designs site - I don't know who did the original design and/or implementation - but you might try rent-a-coder or posting here in Commercial Help Wanted.
    When the world gets in my face I say Have A Nice Day.
    * I DO Think and I HAVE BEEN Zenned - therefore, I AM * I donate - do you?
    Custom Templates and Zen Services CRS Designs, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast